Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running errands with the in-laws in their car and knew we would be in more stores than in the car so I opted to not carry my gun in the car since the in-laws wouldn't be comfortable with me hiding my pistol in their car every time we got in and out. I try to be discreet about carrying. The office called and said my paper work was in. We swung by and I grabbed it and went home when the days activities were finished. I grabbed my planner that holds every kind of document that the drivers licence bureau could possible ask for. What I didn't grab was my gun :embarassed:

For the first time I was about to be legal to carry in more than just my property and my car and I forgot to even grab my gun :redface:

I can see,,,,,,,,,, I got a lot to learn :twak:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Congratulations!!!! :congrats::danceban:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Congrats to you !!! Now you have a higher standard to live up to because people are always watching..... :hand10::wave:

·
Registered
236 Posts
That is better from a legal standpoint than taking the gun and leaving the license at home.

Congratulations, Citizen:congrats:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
350 Posts
congrats!

If you haven't already done so, search out some defensive handgun training.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Congratulations! :bier:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the permit! Don't feel bad... I think most of us have forgotten our guns at home more than once...

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Congratulations! Just don't make it a habit and some day when you need it, draw and come out pointing nothing but a finger. :embarassed: Be safe! :congrats:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Congrats!

:35:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I was running errands with the in-laws in their car and knew we would be in more stores than in the car so I opted to not carry my gun in the car since the in-laws wouldn't be comfortable with me hiding my pistol in their car every time we got in and out. I try to be discreet about carrying. The office called and said my paper work was in. We swung by and I grabbed it and went home when the days activities were finished. I grabbed my planner that holds every kind of document that the drivers licence bureau could possible ask for. What I didn't grab was my gun :embarassed:

For the first time I was about to be legal to carry in more than just my property and my car and I forgot to even grab my gun :redface:

I can see,,,,,,,,,, I got a lot to learn :twak:

LOL, never fails does it, the one thing you can carry now is the one thing you forget LOL. Oh well, you'll get use to grabbing it. I'm sure your not the only one to do that if you put the question out to the others here.:wink:

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Hey jimtem: I still have to get used to being sure I have my CCWP with me when I decide to walk around my community with my CCW. Cannot remember how many times I have walked out with the CCWP still in wallet on kitchen table. Now I keep the CCWP in my pocket holster. If I take my walk, I reach for my friend and the CCWP is waiting for me.

·
Administrator
143,838 Posts
It will all become ingrained before too very long. :yup:

"For the first time I was about to be legal to carry in more than just my property and my car and I forgot to even grab my gun"

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
:rofl: Funny story... Congrats on the permit.

Another one added to the ranks. :hand10:

Stay safe.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Hey jimtem: I still have to get used to being sure I have my CCWP with me when I decide to walk around my community with my CCW. Cannot remember how many times I have walked out with the CCWP still in wallet on kitchen table. Now I keep the CCWP in my pocket holster. If I take my walk, I reach for my friend and the CCWP is waiting for me.
Not sure is your required to notify LEO in SC? I would make a comment about keeping the permit in the holster.
In Michigan we are required to inform LEO's. They are even allowed to ask us to remove the weapon while they are making a traffic stop, for their safety. I don't have a problem with this. I was considering doing the same thing you were, putting the license in the holster. Then I realized that if the LEO wanted to see the license I would have to reach for the gun to get it. I decided that might make a LEO nervous so I switched to a front pocket carried money clip, card holder for my license and keep it on the opposite side of where I carry my gun.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
You will only do that once.
Welcome Aboard.
Semper Fi

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Congrats on the new permit, MO is now a little safer!:hand10:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts