Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Indiana CCW permit was set to expire so I said the heck with it and ordered my lifetime permit. This was back on the 21st of january.... well it finally came in the mail. I know we have had several Indiana residents inquire about the wait time, so hopefully this will give an idea as to the wait time ...... now to get it laminated tomorrow.:tongue:

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Congrats! :congrats:

Must be nice living in the only state which offers a lifetime permit.

Would love to see that in Missouri.

Reactions: 65108

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I've never heard of such a thing! Must be nice, ours are just for 5 years in SD.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just don't forget to sign it before you laminate it. :yup:

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
I've never heard of such a thing! Must be nice, ours are just for 5 years in SD.
Ours are only good for 3 years!

That sucks. I guess they want to keep the background check current and get that extra revenue in the county on renewals.

·
Registered
479 Posts
If, as unfortunate as it is, one has to have a permit at all, a lifetime permit is the way to go.

·
Super Moderator
22,600 Posts
Your lifetime permit is paper?!:blink:

Ours are just like our driver's licenses.
Yes, cheap cheesy paper to boot, you have to laminate them if you want them to last longer than the afternoon. :wink:

At least years ago they used a heavier stock paper, no longer though.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I think the emphasis is on the extra revenue!
No doubt. Isn't it interesting that while strangling free-market capitalism with every new regulation & taxation, our state governments still find a way to generate revenue by repeatedly accumulating the licensing fees of an "inalienable right"? :blink:

Reactions: BenGoodLuck

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your lifetime permit is paper?!:blink:

Ours are just like our driver's licenses.
It is paper, and pink no less. I weish it was like a drivers license it wouldnt look so silly lol.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cheap is the operative word...... its copier paper lol. Luckily I have a hot laminater at work so I quickly took care of it lol, may double laminate just to be safe lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.