Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they kidding or watt? are they kidding or watt? Who do they expect to remember that password? Guess I won't be posting anything Else on this forum wow? Took me 20 minutes to log on to post this. I had a flashback for a minute thought I was back on the DOD base accessing launch codes . I joined this forum for entertainment. Not to have to think this hard just to logon . Methinks the administration needs a reality check

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
You can change your password really easily to anything you want. You can also go to the email they sent you, and use the copy-paste feature to use the password they gave you, and then have your computer remember it for you.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Thank you to the forum admins for responding to the security concern decisively and communicating with us in such a clear message. I appreciate it - This was the second threat-involved message I received today. So this afternoon I opened up our two laptops and iPads and changed our email passwords. We really should have done it awhile ago but we use such robust passwords that I have been overly comfortable keeping them in use. Changed this afternoon, by golly.

Thanks again to the forum admins. Appreciate you all!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I know I just think it's comical that's all. I'm actually thinking of just posted it on here so all you guys can help me remember it

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
Yeah I know I just think it's comical that's all. I'm actually thinking of just posted it on here so all you guys can help me remember it
What??? You've only had a password here for a month or almost two.
What about those of us that have had the same password here for years? :yikes:
It's the only thing I can type without looking :rofl:

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Use a password manager, like Last Pass. Type the necessary information once - never mess with it for a year.

There are other password managers out there. Check them out. I use CNet for software reviews.

·
Registered
36,090 Posts
My password is easy to remember: 1

Reactions: PEF

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
When I was an employee of International Paper they mandated we all have a 15 character random-generated password that changed every month.

So of course EVERY employee had a post-it under the keyboard with their current password.

Thankfully they reverted back to choose your own provided it had eight characters including one "special" character.

Put your password back to what it was if you do't care. This isn't rocket surgery.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Use a password manager, like Last Pass. Type the necessary information once - never mess with it for a year.

There are other password managers out there. Check them out. I use CNet for software reviews.
+1

I use Dashlane. Free for a single computer, it stores, manages and creates passwords. I never have to think up a strong password, or remember one. I open the web page to DC and it automagically logs me in (I can change that behavior, if I want). I can also store credit card numbers, passport and drivers license data, have it autofill my name and address on web sites, and more. Tired fingers? Not me!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I just changed mine and apparently it didn't remember me when I logged back in, so I logged back in and clicked remember. Next thing I know it says I need to change my password. Now that's frustrating, seriously, and I wasn't even really upset about it up until the other day.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
I'm away from home so I had to change mine using my phone. After 5 attempts, being locked out for 15 minutes and trying again...I'm back. I thought this might be good bye though.

Using the copy and paste worked. The passwords they give you are crazy.

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
Are they kidding or watt? are they kidding or watt? Who do they expect to remember that password? Guess I won't be posting anything Else on this forum wow? Took me 20 minutes to log on to post this. I had a flashback for a minute thought I was back on the DOD base accessing launch codes . I joined this forum for entertainment. Not to have to think this hard just to logon . Methinks the administration needs a reality check
That's your temporary password. Log in with it and then change it to a password more to your liking. Not difficult.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I'm away from home so I had to change mine using my phone. After 5 attempts, being locked out for 15 minutes and trying again...I'm back. I thought this might be good bye though.

Using the copy and paste worked. The passwords they give you are crazy.
I thought it was curtains for me too. 3 times I got kicked out, tried to log back in only to get the message to reset the password!

I'm afraid to log off now.

Reactions: Jeanlouise and Wasp

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Technology is a pain. The last time I found toilet paper I liked and could stick with they changed the formula on me and I didn't like it so much any more and I had to go experimenting again.

All these annoyances add up. When I read the news and see all these people acting out and doing really stupid and illegal stuff, I think, Gee, somebody must have reset his password and changed his toilet paper without warning.

I have passwords for three different domains at work and they are not synced, and they all have different password rules, plus a herd of remote laptops that are supposed to be synced but, well, . . .

Anybody that gives me fair warning about a possible breach and changes my password for me, that's just good manners in the Internet age.

I use LastPass. Their servers have been breached but even if master passwords were stolen, they are still hashed and encrypted, so, I'm on it like Alfred E. Neuman; What, me worry?

:blink:

·
Banned
3,284 Posts
Same here. For several of my favorite forums matter of fact. Having lots of fun with it BTW.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.