Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kahr finally came through and shipped my P9. Hooray! I can't find any obvious problems through inspection, the side of the front sight is scuffed but not badly. The store I work at got some Hornady TAP 9mm ammo in today too, so Saturday I should be able to test the combo out. Range report forthcoming.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Congrats - looking forward to the range report - :hand10:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Good choice in a self defense pistol...enjoy your new purchase.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hope it runs well for ya.

Only one way to find out :smilez: ....................

·
Registered
11 Posts
My wife's self defense is a K9; a real quality gun, much
fun to shoot! Look forward to your report!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry, couldn't help it...

Hope you like your P9 as much as I like mine. No regrets here. Looking forward to the range report.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I hope you enjoy your as much as I have mine. Mine's been perfect. It's taken some practice to get good with the long trigger and there's a bit of muzzle flip you have to get used to but I don't think there'a a better compact 9mm for concealed carry out there! Enjoy. I carry mine in a Fist kydex IWB w/a J hook. It's so thin it's almost not there and with the 20 degree can't It tucks the grip up against my side. It's easy on and off yet secure.

I haven't found an ammo it won't shoot. It seems to like Remington UMC 115gr hollow points especially. At 10 yards it's all one hole if I do my part.

Take care and enjoy the shooting!
God Bless
Gideon

·
Registered
262 Posts
Gotta love the Kahrs - I carry a K9. Let us know how she shoots!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Great choice, but why all the 9mm's??? I love my P40, although I'm planning on trading up to the P45!! Same size gun, why not get more stopping power??

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Otis, I would have liked to get a P45, but they don't yet offer it on their employee purchase program. Since I work in a gunshop, I was able to get this P9 direct from the factory at a significant discount. The P45 isn't on the program yet, so it was between 9mm and .40. Personally I just don't like .40, I think it only offers a minimual increase in stopping power yet sacrifices capacity and shootability. My primary carry is a Colt .45, but it's big and heavy. The P9 is for those times big and heavy isn't a viable option. I am planning to stoke it with Double Tap 124 gr. Gold Dots, provided the recoil is manageable that is.

Glad to hear so many others have had positive experiences, I've heard some other less than stellar reports. A lot of those guys seemed to have an axe to grind, so I bought one anyway. Pics and range report coming soon. :smile:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hmmm... A friend of mine who runs a gun shop ordered a Kahr .45 on the employee purchase plan...

I got to fondle the P45 a couple weeks ago. Ever so slightly longer, wider, and taller than the P9 and P40, but not so much that you'd notice. With a little stretching, you could get it into the same leather :) Great little .45.

I shoot lots of 9mm, for the same reason I shoot lots of .22lr. Ammo is cheap :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cmidkiff, that might be a new development, I'm not sure. I ordered mine last year, they were really backed up on the P9 which is why it took so long for me to get it. I hope the P45 has been added to the list, I'll be ordering it ASAP if it is.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Congrats on a new carry piece. Let us know how the range session goes. Im interested in the hornady TAP FPD in 9mm for my guns. Let us know how that ammo works for you. Have a great day Sixgun

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Been carrying the P9 for several years now and love it. I carry mine in a Tuckergunleather IWB tuckable holster if you are looking for some good leather to put it in. http://www.tuckergunleather.com.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Nice pick up Roadrunner! I am always curious about the Kahr line up. I am still looking at the PM9 for a BUG but it takes me along time to decide on some gun's.

Ti.

·
Super Moderator
23,586 Posts
Roadrunner said:
Glad to hear so many others have had positive experiences, I've heard some other less than stellar reports. A lot of those guys seemed to have an axe to grind, so I bought one anyway. Pics and range report coming soon. :smile:
I am interest in the Kahr's (P9 or PM9) so I'm looking forward to the reports and pics! Keep us posted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts