Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aaaaaaaand it's going back to the factory... Seriously, I promise, I didn't break it. I am however pretty annoyed. I've been wanting an AK for awhile now and all I have really been able to find that are not new American made builds are Yugo's and I have heard they are generally of questionable quality. So, the problems with the PSA

1. The dust cover is really loose. I wasn't terribly concerned about it but after some research I found that can be a sign that the rear trunnion is set to far back.

2. The muzzle break is loose. This one baffled me. I will try to explain. There's a retaining pin in the front of the front sight post that is supposed to go into a little groove in the muzzle device after you threat it on. The problem is that the pin is to long so you cant fully thread the break on because it hits the tip of the pin.

This is how it came

IMG_1519.jpg

And this is what happens when you try to thread it down.

IMG_1523.jpg

I thought about trying to take a dremel to the pin to shorten it but not sure if I want to be messing around with it. Additionally, the possibility of the rear trunnion being jacked up bothers me as well. I really don't want to send it back but I also want a properly assembled rifle :( Not a happy camper.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
Have you shot it yet??

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you shot it yet??
Just got ack from the range and I have to say I am pretty impressed. A couple things before I say how it shot

My buddy said that on both his AK's the muzzle break is loose. He said it's not an issue.

The dust cover was a bit deformed. I bent it a bit and it fit's fine now with no rattle.

That being said - I was quite impressed with how it shot. I have a primary arms red dot on it and was consistently shooting 2.5 inch groups (non magnified) at 100 yards with Wolf which as far as I am concerned is pretty good.

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
Just got ack from the range and I have to say I am pretty impressed. A couple things before I say how it shot

My buddy said that on both his AK's the muzzle break is loose. He said it's not an issue.

The dust cover was a bit deformed. I bent it a bit and it fit's fine now with no rattle.

That being said - I was quite impressed with how it shot. I have a primary arms red dot on it and was consistently shooting 2.5 inch groups (non magnified) at 100 yards with Wolf which as far as I am concerned is pretty good.
That is how an AK should work. Now, give it the Rollo touch and lets see if you can break it....:image035:

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I would not gamble on anyone who would send a gun out to a customer looking like that. I mean really... how do you look at that and consider it good to go? There are plenty of other parts that take much more effort to assemble. You cant help but wonder how much effort went into more critical assembly. Good luck

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
This is again why reacher or asking is needed for many new AK

I would have said wait ..

They gen 1 guns had a lot and I mean a lot of issues and they scraped the project

Sounds like the Gen 2 do as well

My guess it just needs a shorter retition pin on the front but the dust cover would worry me

They supposly switch to non crap trunions on these time will tell

But frankly I think they are a AR not a AK people lot of stories of calling them about missing parts in the parts build gen 1 guns and the people not know what part they are talking about

1 - 6 of 6 Posts