Defensive Carry banner

Got my new S&W CS45 last night

4481 18
Haven't be able to go to the range yet but looking forward to it.

Really like the look and feel of this pistol. Anxious to shoot it.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Very compact looking piece - not one I know anything about. Be good to get feedback later.

Oops - I just saw OD had already posted the cheat!! never mind, I'll leave it up.

· Administrator
50,184 Posts
Congratulations ArmyCop

That is a SERIOUSLY NICE compact Carry Firearm that the S&W folks cranked out.
Obviously, tons of thought went into the design of that pistol.
Now...if they have "things together" on the production end...that will be one HELLOVA personal protection piece! :banana:
I am very impressed with the design of that pistol.

Please let us know how it is working for you.

Maybe you could review & evaluate yours for us.
That would be great.
I always like it when members tell us how their personal purchase functions.....because then I know that it's not a handgun that has been pre~tested by the factory before being shipped out to a magazine gun writer.

I hate it when I this read in a gun article"

"Representatives at COLT FIREARMS just pulled a random pistol off the production line and boxed it up & sent it out to me for testing and evaluation."

Yeah...Sure They Did... :wink: If anybody truly bites on that BS then they need to have their head examined.

What they REALLY did was pull a pistol...check it over...test fire it & then cleaned it & refinished it to make it look unfired & THEN...boxed it & shipped it out to the gun writer to be evaluated.
That's what they all do!

They are NOT going to take a chance on shipping a "bum pistol" out to any national magazine gun writer...trust me on that.

· Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cap 6 + 1. TDA - DA on first SA on the rest till decocked. I've seen it a few times before but when I saw the lack of a hammer (bobbed) I wrongfully assumed it was DAO. When I found out different that's what made my decision final.

I'll post after I get to shoot. Might be a while tho.

Thanks for all the comments...

· Registered
10,134 Posts
I had one of those CS 45s..GREAT little gun!! Shot the heck out of it too!.....I'm sure you'll LOVE IT ! .. :biggrin:
One thing I'd love to see though........I'd love to see all the sharp edges rounded and broken......in a melt down treatment of this little gun........would make for one heck of a great carry combo! :biggrin:
BTW.the higher cap....4506, 4513, type mags work VERY well in the gun........just a tidbit of info for those extra mags you'll want to carry with it. :biggrin:

· Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CLASS3NH said:
I had one of those CS 45s..GREAT little gun!! Shot the heck out of it too!.....I'm sure you'll LOVE IT ! .. :biggrin:
One thing I'd love to see though........I'd love to see all the sharp edges rounded and broken......in a melt down treatment of this little gun........would make for one heck of a great carry combo! :biggrin:
:biggrin:
=============================
Thanks for the positive feedback.
After coming from a Colt Defender (great gun also) I felt the CS45 was pretty well rounded and smooth.
The Defender needed dehorning in a big way in my opinion.

· Registered
6,890 Posts
I understand from others that the CS45 and CS9 are the seldom heard-of but highly regarded compact semi autos in the S&W line that should get more press.

I'd love to see a range report too.

· Registered
10,134 Posts
Pssssssst (whispering) We currently have a Kimber Pro CDP with box papers spare mag etc.....850.00 about 98% finish This is one of the very first Pro CDPs that Kimber ran through the Custom Shop.with complete meltdown treatment too :biggrin:
I'd LOVE to see one of those CS 45s come through with the meltdown treatment, and de-horning..I'd snap it up real quick! :biggrin:

· Super Moderator
19,364 Posts
Best looking S&W auto I have seen. How is the weight on it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.