Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't be able to go to the range yet but looking forward to it.

Really like the look and feel of this pistol. Anxious to shoot it.

·
Super Moderator
22,006 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I remember when those came out, always looked really interesting. I'd like to hear how they actually perform when you get the chance.
Jack

·
Super Moderator
22,006 Posts
Let's see if we can cheat :wink:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Very compact looking piece - not one I know anything about. Be good to get feedback later.

Oops - I just saw OD had already posted the cheat!! never mind, I'll leave it up.

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
Sure doesn't look loke the Chief's Special I had!! (S&W Model 60)

·
Administrator
143,594 Posts
Congratulations ArmyCop

That is a SERIOUSLY NICE compact Carry Firearm that the S&W folks cranked out.
Obviously, tons of thought went into the design of that pistol.
Now...if they have "things together" on the production end...that will be one HELLOVA personal protection piece! :banana:
I am very impressed with the design of that pistol.

Please let us know how it is working for you.

Maybe you could review & evaluate yours for us.
That would be great.
I always like it when members tell us how their personal purchase functions.....because then I know that it's not a handgun that has been pre~tested by the factory before being shipped out to a magazine gun writer.

I hate it when I this read in a gun article"

"Representatives at COLT FIREARMS just pulled a random pistol off the production line and boxed it up & sent it out to me for testing and evaluation."

Yeah...Sure They Did... :wink: If anybody truly bites on that BS then they need to have their head examined.

What they REALLY did was pull a pistol...check it over...test fire it & then cleaned it & refinished it to make it look unfired & THEN...boxed it & shipped it out to the gun writer to be evaluated.
That's what they all do!

They are NOT going to take a chance on shipping a "bum pistol" out to any national magazine gun writer...trust me on that.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
That's a pretty nice looking design. What's the capacity?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cap 6 + 1. TDA - DA on first SA on the rest till decocked. I've seen it a few times before but when I saw the lack of a hammer (bobbed) I wrongfully assumed it was DAO. When I found out different that's what made my decision final.

I'll post after I get to shoot. Might be a while tho.

Thanks for all the comments...

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
6+1 is darned good for such a diminutive piece - that's good.
Might be a while tho.
Excuses, excuses !! :poke:

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
I had one of those CS 45s..GREAT little gun!! Shot the heck out of it too!.....I'm sure you'll LOVE IT ! .. :biggrin:
One thing I'd love to see though........I'd love to see all the sharp edges rounded and broken......in a melt down treatment of this little gun........would make for one heck of a great carry combo! :biggrin:
BTW.the higher cap....4506, 4513, type mags work VERY well in the gun........just a tidbit of info for those extra mags you'll want to carry with it. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CLASS3NH said:
I had one of those CS 45s..GREAT little gun!! Shot the heck out of it too!.....I'm sure you'll LOVE IT ! .. :biggrin:
One thing I'd love to see though........I'd love to see all the sharp edges rounded and broken......in a melt down treatment of this little gun........would make for one heck of a great carry combo! :biggrin:
:biggrin:
=============================
Thanks for the positive feedback.
After coming from a Colt Defender (great gun also) I felt the CS45 was pretty well rounded and smooth.
The Defender needed dehorning in a big way in my opinion.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I understand from others that the CS45 and CS9 are the seldom heard-of but highly regarded compact semi autos in the S&W line that should get more press.

I'd love to see a range report too.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Pssssssst (whispering) We currently have a Kimber Pro CDP with box papers spare mag etc.....850.00 about 98% finish This is one of the very first Pro CDPs that Kimber ran through the Custom Shop.with complete meltdown treatment too :biggrin:
I'd LOVE to see one of those CS 45s come through with the meltdown treatment, and de-horning..I'd snap it up real quick! :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Best looking S&W auto I have seen. How is the weight on it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts