Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my pistol permit in the mail today. Took 7 1/2 months. Monroe County (rochester) in Upstate NY. No restrictions :)

If anyone is wondering on the wait time in the county... don't hold your breath.

Now to pick up the toys I bought at the shop :banana: :banana:
5" kimber eclipse .45
3" Springfield XD .40
And a Ruger Mark II .22LR from dad.

It was nice of them to give me 7 months to save up my money.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Oh my - is that a wait or what!!! :rolleyes: I have to pinch myself to remember how easy and fast PA is.

However, at least it has come and certainly congrats (and relief) on that!

·
Registered
249 Posts
The worst part about this waiting time......

Many of my bosses would only wait two weeks before getting theirs.

Why? My bosses were lawyers.

How? They would walk their pistol permits through the system.

When if came time to deliver the application paperwork to the judge, they would merely find out through the court clerk's office which judge was scheduled to review permit applications and deliver the paperwork themselves that day. If it was an anti judge or a judge that they simply had poor, little or no relationship; they would simply wait until the next day for another judge. Judge shopping at it's finest.

I had enough friends within the courthouse that I was able to do the same thing myself. It wasn't right and a bit of a pain in the posterior to walking it through, but it was damned more convienent than waiting months.

I just hated the entire process of adding the handguns to the permit. It took three hours of my day to do it after buying my new toy.

I'm much happier living in a shall issue (Free American) state now.

·
Administrator
143,583 Posts
Geesh...you sure had a lot of time to decide on exactly what holsters you'll buy.
That is way too long of a wait.
7.5 months is a crime all it's own...in my opinion.
Congratulations....finally!

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Congrats. Glad to hear it. At least you used your eternity wisely. Maybe you could start the renewal process now, just to be sure it's processed on time.

·
Registered
988 Posts
It was a long wait, but at least you finally got it!

Congo-Rats! :banana: :danceban: :banana:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Congrats! :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Carry where ever and when ever you legally can.

mm

·
Super Moderator
25,535 Posts
But it's New York, and you got it!! Congrats. :congrats:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another Rochestarian on the board. How long after you got the letter from the judge saying you have been approved did your final permit take? I got a letter about two weeks ago said that I would receive my permit in about 2 to 4 weeks. Although I got that letter only 4 months after application. Turned in the application on Dec 30th and got the letter at the end of April.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Roadking51 said:
Another Rochestarian on the board. How long after you got the letter from the judge saying you have been approved did your final permit take? I got a letter about two weeks ago said that I would receive my permit in about 2 to 4 weeks. Although I got that letter only 4 months after application. Turned in the application on Dec 30th and got the letter at the end of April.
Turned in my application september 17th.

Got a phone call from the sheriff (so did my references) asking questions about the 3rd week of march, maybe the 22nd. He said he was going to turn in his paperwork by the end of the week it was going to take 4-6 weeks longer.

Got a letter from the county judge saying he had reviewed and approved my application last friday the 28th. Permit came on tuesday may 2nd.

Mind you i live in the suburbs, not the city of rochester so my permit goes through the county judge and not the city of rochester court.

On a side note, do you have any recommendations about an indoor range to join?

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
darkvibe said:
Got my pistol permit in the mail today. Took 7 1/2 months. Monroe County (rochester) in Upstate NY. No restrictions :)

If anyone is wondering on the wait time in the county... don't hold your breath.

Now to pick up the toys I bought at the shop :banana: :banana:
5" kimber eclipse .45
3" Springfield XD .40
And a Ruger Mark II .22LR from dad.

It was nice of them to give me 7 months to save up my money.
Congrats and I'm sure the wait was worth it.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Congratulations.
Mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
NY gee's, can't believe it... Schumer and Hillary must be slipping.

Good for you!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine was pretty rough to get. I think I applied on a Tuesday and got it on that Thursday. Welcome to Montana! Of, course on the down side it takes 7 1/2 months to get a new job here and you need 2 jobs to survive and 3 jobs if you shoot alot! So, everyone has 3 jobs!:image035:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts