Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couple nights ago my wife and I were staying in the Salt Lake city area (Layton) at the La Quinta Inn. Earlier that day I ate something that didn't agree with me, so I was up at 3am dying on the toilet. She asked if she could get me anything at the Walgreen's across the street (24 hrs) I told her she's not walking alone at 3am in the city, so she said "well you have a gun right?" Yes (me) "well I'll take it with me" NO---- you don't have a permit. Well this got her thinking "maybe I should get one." She has always thought I had mine, so she didn't need one. Now she's thinking differently.

·
Registered
481 Posts
It's the little things like this that will go much further in helping a wife along than husbands constantly pressuring them. Good call on not letting her take it. Hope you're feeling better!

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Funny how the small things can get them to start thinking.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Get back to where ever you ate and get some carry-outs to take home. As long as she keeps thinking that way, you're all set.:yup:

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Get back to where ever you ate and get some carry-outs to take home. As long as she keeps thinking that way, you're all set.:yup:
:rofl:

Maybe something good will come out of this.

(Seriously, that was NOT an attempt at any bathroom humor! It was the first thought that came to mind. :embarassed: )

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I told her she's not walking alone at 3am in the city, so she said "well you have a gun right?" Yes (me) "well I'll take it with me" NO---- you don't have a permit. Well this got her thinking "maybe I should get one."
Quite simply, without histrionics or politics or arguments about gun control agendas and whatnot, that's the crux of the issue: life's a contact sport; you want some added protection; the State requires licensing in order to carry such things. So, you do it. It's not about any of the political/agenda crap. It's simply about being able to protect yourself.

Kudos to her, and to you both. :congrats:

Oh, yeah ... About the carry-out idea? "Can" that. You've had enough, bub. 'Course, it appears to have done her some good, eh? Tough choice. :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
That's a great position to build upon. Now that she's thinking about it, get her into a class where she can learn about the law, the purpose of CCW, etc.
It sounds as if she's on her way to getting her permit...congrats!:danceban:

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I couple nights ago my wife and I were staying in the Salt Lake city area (Layton) at the La Quinta Inn. Earlier that day I ate something that didn't agree with me, so I was up at 3am dying on the toilet. She asked if she could get me anything at the Walgreen's across the street (24 hrs) I told her she's not walking alone at 3am in the city, so she said "well you have a gun right?" Yes (me) "well I'll take it with me" NO---- you don't have a permit. Well this got her thinking "maybe I should get one." She has always thought I had mine, so she didn't need one. Now she's thinking differently.
So, why not to something about it. My wife and I did ours together.
I is not too expensive, only takes some paper work and about 8 hours to qualify.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Bad Rugergil, bad.

·
Registered
11,498 Posts
Yep. Eventually something will hit home and make a person realize that maybe they should have their own permit.

Glad it was this and not something like being attacked that got your wife thinking about it.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
good for her in getting that thought process going, and good for you for not letting her take
my luck in that situation my wife would have got caught
grady said:
Maybe something good will come out of this.
:rofl:

good strategy PatrioticRick
wife already has her CHL....so....now....what can I get my wife to consider when I'm suffering on the toilet......:scratchchin:

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
Good about her thinking of getting the permit, but armed or not I still wouldn't want her out at 3 A.M.

Off topic, always pack loperamide when going on a trip. I keep some in the console of my car too. You just never know when having that stuff handy can be useful.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
good about her thinking of getting the permit, but armed or not i still wouldn't want her out at 3 a.m.

Off topic, always pack loperamide when going on a trip. I keep some in the console of my car too. You just never know when having that stuff handy can be useful.
you are alive, you are alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Z

1 - 14 of 14 Posts