Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was fun, but I decided to ditch the SCAR. I have struggled to like this rifle. I have mounted every optic I could think of to try and get it to be the answer I was looking for. Yesterday, a friend who is a SCAR guy, came over with a brand new BCM RECCE... I decided to trade him strait up for it. I know what your gonna say, did he bend you ov..... I don't think I got shafted at all. I got a good deal on my SCAR, plus this BCM is unfired, and came with a Surefire SCOUT, and Surefire mount.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
16,335 Posts
I have lots of scars, but never liked the look or feel of THE SCAR.

Reactions: Bandit99 and AzQkr

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
I wanted one of those too when they first came out. Then I heard about some having shaky stocks, squeaks and rattles, so I said no.

I'll stay with my StG.58.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
I always thought they were very cool looking and lusted after one for a long time. After I spoke with a guy who had one and talked about getting smacked, by the charging handle if I recall correctly (?), my lust went away. I do still think they look cool....

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Serious question. Is it A COOL factor in the SCAR. That lures you in . I was at the NRA show a few years back with a friend drolling over the SCARS on display. My friend says " You don't want that, An AR15 is better.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I love the idea of an accurate, rugged, ergonomic .308. Si9nce I have never picked up a SCAR in .308, I don't know if it qualifies.

There are two .308 semi-autos in my future. One will be a Springer M1A SOCOM with a 16" barrel and an Aimpoint Comp C 2X riding on a scout mount - because I already own the optic and I am a sucker for the M14 platform.

The second one will be a "designated marksman's" rifle. The SCAR would probably work for that purpose, but so would a DSA FAL, a PTR91, or an AR10. Eventually I'll decide which is the best choice for me, but I anticipate many rough days of virtual hand-wringing on my part before I decide what my second battle rifle is going to end up being.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well, this is a bit surprising. No issues with mine and I don't really mind the charging handle. Couldn't see giving it up in a million years.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
16,335 Posts
Love my Armalite AR-10 & Burris XTR scope.

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
Well it was fun, but I decided to ditch the SCAR. I have struggled to like this rifle. I have mounted every optic I could think of to try and get it to be the answer I was looking for. Yesterday, a friend who is a SCAR guy, came over with a brand new BCM RECCE... I decided to trade him strait up for it. I know what your gonna say, did he bend you ov..... I don't think I got shafted at all. I got a good deal on my SCAR, plus this BCM is unfired, and came with a Surefire SCOUT, and Surefire mount.
No, actually I was going to say "Pics?"

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
I'll get them up I'm just busy coming off my uncles funderal. I just took the BCM RECCE down to our range. I like this thing 10 times over the SCAR.
Cool.
I don't even know what a BCM RECCE is :confused:
I know what a LWRC REPR is, but only because I have one. Otherwise I'd be "acronymically" challenged there, too :rofl:

·
Registered
35,982 Posts
Ditto. Doesn't anyone speak English anymore?

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I have never shot the SCAR; it looks cool and has been on my list of guns to try. But the piston gun from Barrett is also pretty sexy and if I had the extra cash I'd be looking at it, too.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
With the cost of a SCAR, I think you better love that sucker like a child. Actually, kids get annoying... you should love it more than a child!

I think they're nice looking but I'd have to really like them more than I do to shell out that kind of money for one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts