Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some .45 ACP brass and .38 cal. brass off a guy I met at the range. It was 185 already primed .38's and 697 cleaned but not primed .45ACP, I believe once fired but not to sure. I got it all for $45. What do you think, was that a good deal or would I have been better off buying from an online store? I usually just find my own on the ground but today there was absolutely none and this guy had them ready to go so saved me time and effort from picking them up, cleaning and priming the .38's.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
You did good!

And, it doesn't matter about the 1x fired...as both of these cartridges are so easy on brass...you will probably loose them before they need to be discarded. I have brass in both, that has been loaded in excess of 20 times and it was not new when I got it...but it was likely only 1x fired.

The only thing that I do, when buying used 45acp brass, is make sure that it is all large primer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Our range salvages all the brass and saves it in 5 gallon buckets. Used brass they sell for $3 a pound. I dumped out a 5 gal bucket on the sluice table and sorted out my 45 brass. The guy behind the counter says I got 6 pounds of brass. That'll be $18! I like it like that!

According to my google-foo...

45acp, 89.58gr/ea, 78.1cases/#, 12.8#/1000 So I got 465 rounds or so for my $18

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I would pop the primers on the 38 and start from scratch. You don't know how they have been handled or stored.

Reactions: Glock2201
1 - 6 of 6 Posts