Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh yeah and I got a new holster . . .

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a Comtac Minotaur (sp?). I'm impressed with the workmanship, all the fasteners are solid and the leather feels great. Putting it on the gun feels light as a feather and is hardly noticable. I'm just wearing tucked into some ACU pants with a very light shirt over it. It prints, but only a fellow cc'er could tell. With a heavyer shirt or a t-shirt with cover garmet I'm sure it'll be undetectable.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
The MTAC is a great holster....The more you wear it, it will start to conform to the curve of your body and become more comfortable...

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've got an MTAC and a CTAC. So far I like the CTAC better. Less touches your body.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Luv my MTAC...

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Congrats on the new holster.:hand10:
Nothing beats a quality holster for CCW.:danceban:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I must be the only person with a negative review with Comp-tac.
It started with the Infidel Holster. This holster was too uncomfortable, so I shipped it back. I decided on the M-tac because of the great reviews, so I tried to exchange the Infidel for it. I was told to place a seperate order, as this would get me the M-Tac faster. I did as told, my M-tac arrive looking nothing like the photo on thier web site. The M-tac appeared used, all the fasterners in the backside were clearly pressed, the leather had some shape, as if wore for some time. The leather also had a stain on it. Well, I contacted Comp-Tac and thier response was to ship the holster bsck and they would make a new one. I was not happy with that response, I wanted to hold onto the M-Tac until the replacement arrived. The way I saw it I was out on the Infidel (refund was not applied to my credit card) I was out on the M-Tac and they wanted me to shell out another $80.00. That's a total of $210.00.
So, I canceled the order, sent the holster back. I got on the phone and ordered a holster from Tom Burk over at Southern Holsters. In the mean time I found a Desbien on this forum and purchased that one.
I am very happy with the Desbien.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got my MTAC for my Glock 26 last week and love it. Still trying to find the best place to carry. It's more comfortable at about 4 o'clock but it conceals better at 3 o'clock for me. I have the pinkie finger magazine but am going to get the standard also as it will conceal better. Loved those smarties.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
When I'm carrying the 4" XD40, it rides in nothing except the MTAC. I love it.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Looks like a neutral cant. I got the concealed velcro hooks. I wear mine appendix. That is its intended position - by design. It is still getting more comfortable.
It is my most concealable holster, to date. There is often a little space between the butt and my gut. So, I'm curious about the concealco front loop but can't get a reply from them.
Anybody have a connection to AKJ Concealco?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts