Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bill supported by the National Rifle Association and Unified Sportsmen of Florida to allow possession of firearms for self-defense and other lawful purposes while in National Forests and State Parks in Florida passed the Florida Legislature today and is on its way to Governor Jeb Bush (R) for his signature.

HB-1029 Sponsored by Representative Dennis Baxley (R-Ocala) in the House and Senator Bill Posey (R-Rockledge) in the Senate does the following:

1. Repeals the law that bans firearms in National Forests in Florida (s. 790.11, 790.12, 790.14)

2. Directs the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) to repeal its rule that bans firearms in State Parks (rule 62D-2.014(10).

3. Requires that all other applicable firearms laws be followed.

4. Requires that a new rule be formulated by DEP that allows firearms in state parks and stipulates that firearms shall at all times be in the possession of a responsible party or properly secured within or to a vehicle or temporary housing, which shall include motor homes, travel trailers, recreational vehicles, campers, tents, or other enclosed structures, while in state parks.

The bill passed the House 90-27 and passed the Senate 31-6
So scratch State Parks and National Forests from the list of places Florida CFWP holders must disarm (once the Governor signs it).

I love the Gunshine State.

Matt

·
Registered
291 Posts
You members from the great state of Florida should be greatful to have a state government that allows you your constitutional RTBA, and now the right to carry in national parks. Hopefully one day we'll also have the option to carry concealed here in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
236 Posts
God bless Florida, It's a :Winner2:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I needed some good news after the last week. I hope the Gov. signs it soon! This state has it's own set of problems but at least in this area we seem to be making progress...

Eric

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Chalk another victory up for the 2nd amendment.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
now for other states to follow suit. (especially MI)

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
ok.....wheres Georgia and what is being done. We're attached to Florida, ya'know...

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
That's great news! Florida always seems to be the testing ground for gun rights so let's hope other CCW states continue to follow their lead! Absolutely NO reason we should be restricted from carrying when in these remote locations. Heck, that's where we'd most likely run into trouble: Rabid animals, snakes and hillbilly meth labs to name a few!
Jack

·
Registered
750 Posts
You members from the great state of Florida should be greatful to
have a state government that allows you your constitutional RTBA
Lucky? Luck had nothing to do with it. We fought hard to get the right people elected to office in our state and continue the fight to keep the good ones there, and oust the rest.

I do NOT sit out an election. Even if the choice is limited to "bad" and "worse."

No vote = no right to complain.

mm

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I too hope as seems the case - that where FL leads, others can and will follow.

Another small plus for us even if not FL residents.

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
artz said:
ok.....wheres Georgia and what is being done. We're attached to Florida, ya'know...
I thought we settled that During The IDPA Border/Disorder Match when we cleaned your clocks!:danceban:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I certainly wish TN would follow that example. Besides two legged predators (a couple years ago there was a rash of rapes in a park around here), there was the recent incident of a bear killing a little girl. :mad:

·
Registered
997 Posts
As a proud Floridian, I am supremely proud of and benefit by our state's stance on firearms. Many thanx to everyone involved in accomplishing it.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Florida leads the way again! :hand10:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Not to be "snobbish" but even through it's a liberal state, Oregon has the best compared to even Florida. Florida only has the new "Stand your ground" law that is better than ours when it comes to carry/use.

We have no restrictions besides federal court houses. Yes, I know that the sheriffs here give you a list but that list is non-enforceable due to only the legislature can make any and all gun laws ("good" or bad).

But we Oregonians really need to belong to OFF (Oregon Firearms Federation, our grassroots organization) because of California and now Washington's Seattle mayor trying to enact California type laws.

Wayne

1 - 19 of 19 Posts