Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got pulled over today for not having a front license plate, which is state law. I turned off the car, rolled down the window and had my hands on my steering wheel when he walked up. He said he pulled me over ' cause of the plate and could he see my license, insurance and reg. I told him that I was carrying a sidearm on my hip and I would have to reach down by it to get my wallet. He replied "okay." He was very mellow and not concerned about it. He took the info back to his car and printed up a warning in his car, brought it back to me and told me that it was just a warning, and just get it fixed and don't worry about it, I didn't have to go to court or anything. He was just very unconcerned about the whole thing!

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I like reading stories of good stops. Good job keeping your cool and informing!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like reading stories of good stops. Good job keeping your cool and informing!
Thanks, I'm sure some of it was that I had my hands visible. He did approach the car cautiously, angled to his advantage, which I was glad to see he was that cautious. When he saw my hands and wife and kid, he visibly relaxed and was quite courteous and friendly!

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Sounds like a great encounter to me... glad it all worked out....It seems to me state troopers are very mature and level headed...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Great encounter! Maybe you should call in and let the high ups know the trooper did a good job.

·
Registered
286 Posts
When he saw my hands and wife and kid, he visibly relaxed and was quite courteous and friendly!
Even most BG's won't shoot a LEO in front of their kids... I know it probably does happen tho....

Great encounter indeed!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great encounter! Maybe you should call in and let the high ups know the trooper did a good job.
This never occurred to me, I will definitely do this!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts