Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
$24M of surplus funds?????? Cali is in debt so far they can't open their mouths without filling with ....stuff.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...I have no problem with somebody in government enforcing the existing laws to remove firearms from the possession of those who have become felons or SERIOUSLY mentally ill...this is what gun owners have been screaming for "them" to do instead of laying heavier burdens upon those of us who are law-abiding and qualified to own guns...
...fact is, it takes money to accomplish it...and I'd rather them spend it enforcing existing laws than setting up offices and hiring more people to administer the latest, greatest gun legislation that further attacks our rights...

...this program is not new...they've been doing it since 2007, this is additional funding to do it more completely...they've got a lot out there that they haven't been able(so they say) to get to because of funding issues...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/19/california-gun-confiscation-bill_n_3117238.html

·
Registered
111 Posts
That's a good thing, criminals and the mentally unstable make me a gun owner in Cali look bad. People ask me why do I have guns? I say for protection of my home and family. They say just call the police. I say police wont stop the crime, they will just report the crime afterwards

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
LE are not obligated to protect the private citizen but to Protect the General Public from the miscreants commonly known as Criminals.

Reactions: Wreckr

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Several stories in Cali involve a spouse seek mental care! Upon getting the care their spouse has their firearms taken!

So is everyone comfortable having their firearms taken if a family member seeks mental care?

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...nobody said that...nor does the article that you posted...it says SERIOUS mental illness...what you're asking is a whole other subject...
Several stories in Cali involve a spouse seek mental care! Upon getting the care their spouse has their firearms taken!

So is everyone comfortable having their firearms taken if a family member seeks mental care?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just because it does not say it, if you are a legal gun owner and you have someone in your home who seeks mental care, California will take your guns.

·
Premium Member
8,544 Posts
I was not aware of gun confiscation. I would like to see the text of the law (not the senate bill for funding). If anyone has a link handy please post.

I curious as to what due process protections are in place, if any, and what it means to be "mentally ill" under the statue.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...we have to file legal action often when our rights are abused...I didn't say their system was flawless or that it was being administered fairly...I said what I said...whether they're fair about deciding that mental health problems are serious enough to confiscate is another matter...at state and federal levels...

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...you could read the link I posted and research that particular program that they've been enforcing since '07...it should be available online...
I was not aware of gun confiscation. I would like to see the text of the law (not the senate bill for funding). If anyone has a link handy please post.

I curious as to what due process protections are in place, if any, and what it means to be "mentally ill" under the statue.

·
Premium Member
8,544 Posts
...we have to file legal action often when our rights are abused...I didn't say their system was flawless or that it was being administered fairly...I said what I said...whether they're fair about deciding that mental health problems are serious enough to confiscate is another matter...at state and federal levels...
Agree with that. Of course, it's the Cali and the 9th circuit, which means its "outcome based appellate reivew." Hopefully an aggrieved party has deep pockets available...

I'll never live in that state.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It's a very slippery slope. The state requires all guns to be registered, so now the state knows who owns guns, and what guns they own.

Our first amendment provides us the right of free speech. Personally I disagree with a whole bunch of stuff that I hear, but I respect your right to say what you want, the same goes for our religious preferences. If you choose to go to a church or worship something I don't agree with, I will fight to protect your freedoms just to preserve and protect mine.

I may agree, that criminals and the mentally ill should not have access to fire arms, but cannot, or will not, agree to let our rights given to us under the constitution to be eroded.

It started with the tobacco, which was a legal commodity to purchase and consume, and has now gone to trans fats, big gulp etc. Just because you do not fall into the demographic that is being subjected to restrictions, be careful. The next stroke of the governments pen may very well change your life.

·
Premium Member
8,544 Posts
...you could read the link I posted and research that particular program that they've been enforcing since '07...it should be available online...
I did. I read SB 140, but that is not the statute that enacts the confiscation program.

All I was asking if someone had a link to the text, to post. I can find it, given time, but if someone has it at their fingertips....

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...I didn't say read SB140...that's not the law on the program...I said read IN my link and research the program that they've been enforcing since '07...it's a starting place to find the law that authorized the seizure program...and that program name is in the story...
I did. I read SB 140, but that is not the statute that enacts the confiscation program.

All I was asking if someone had a link to the text, to post. I can find it, given time, but if someone has it at their fingertips....

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
California's Debt Clock : State of California Debt Clock

About $407 billion in debt at the moment, and getting deeper by the second.

What's a few more million ?

At the moment : $470 billion in spending, and only $391 billion in revenue........... at 19.437 % Debt to GDP ratio.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...the laws are crazy, the judges worse...I remember when , in the 60s, folks went out there in droves to reap the great benefits of being a Californian...well, they have...

Agree with that. Of course, it's the Cali and the 9th circuit, which means its "outcome based appellate reivew." Hopefully an aggrieved party has deep pockets available...

I'll never live in that state.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts