Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I currently have the galco kink-tuk holster for my m&p9c. I use it for days off and weekends. It takes a bit of time to put on and a hassle to do quickly. And yes I have the proverbial box o holsters. But what Im looking for is a holster that is comfortable has good retention and you can put on quick. This will be when I get off work scince we cant carry at work. I can come home from work and put it on fast and do what ever I need to do in the evening. I carry iwb also. Do any of you use a holster like this. I know different shapes and sizes will have different results. But im looking for some options for this. Thanks guys and gals and stay safe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Remora. Just stick it in your waistband and go. Plus they are pretty inexpensive so if you don't like it you're not out a lot of money.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
A Remora will fit the bill, it's comfortable and works well. Also I just got a Slient Thunder from Garrett Industries, this is a minimalist kytex that I love and is really comfortable.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have no experience with it, but I know the Foxx holsters Foxx trap was designed specifically for that purpose. From what I hear people like them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I use a Fobus paddle holster for my G19. very quick on and off, great retention, but as far as comfortable...I'm sure there is something better out there. I really think that one will go in the "droor" when my Ares Ranger comes in. I think it's gonna dig in my side. As for now it works. That my 2 cents.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have a Remora for my LC9 that seems to fit the "grab and go" category. Additionally, thanks to another member of this forum who lent me a HighNoon Public Secret for my G 36, I would recommend looking at the HighNoon. I can remove and reinsert the Public Secret quickly and with little effort. The Public Secret is very comfortable and a quality product.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I have a advantage of being retired so my Crossbreed is always ready and in the am move weapon from Blackhawk bed holster to IWB and one of BUG is in my max pack for longer trips but the rest is top secret

·
Registered
86 Posts
Remora, Sticky holsters, and I just recently started using a desantis nemesis pocket holster as an iwb for my xds.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Remora, Foxx Holsters Fox Trap or the little foxx...... anything of similiar design

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
Like almost everyone else noted, Remora. It is as fast as anything could be. And, as noted, they are relatively inexpensive to try.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Have to agree with the remora. I keep mine in my car and use it for cross draw while driving and than switch to my milt sparks summer special upon arrival

·
Registered
821 Posts
Another +1 for Remora. They are literally "grab-N-go". No clips or belt holes. Put the gun in the Remora, situate it in your waistband and GO!!!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I'm going to say try the PJ Holster IWB Clip over belt model. I think its as quick as a Remora but feels more secure to me.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
I have a bunch Fist #12 Basic Holsters for various firearms (each boned for a certain firearm).
They are all IWB's with a metal clip that is very strong...some of my holsters are 7-8 years old and still work very well.
Easy on/off with one hand. I like to wear my OWB's now, but when I know I may be removing my gun...the #12 Basic IWB works quite well.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Count this as another vote for the Garrett Industries Silent Thunder IWB. It's got a kydex shell but it's lined with leather. If you get the version with a single kydex clip you can don or doff it in a matter of seconds. Yet it's absolutely rock solid in use. Since it's a hard shell it won't collapse when you remove the gun, making reholstering very easy. It's the best rig I've ever used. I carry my Nano in one, and I have one on the way for my HK USP.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts