Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanted to take a couple lines to express my gratitude for this site its refreshing to find like minded folks that believe its not only the right of every American to go armed but the responsibility of Americans to arm them selves also nice to find views and get answers to ? from folks other than those that are trying to sell you the weapon find most gun dealers want to sell you a fire arm so they will usually leave out the draw backs thanks to the operators and members of this great site although i am seeking to get my ccl in butte county Calif i hope to never have to use it but nice to have the piece of mind that its there if i need it ooooooooooooraaaaaaa

·
Administrator
143,595 Posts
We're happy to have you here and participating.
All of our great members ~ the seasoned senior members as well as our brand new members help to make this a really great site.
So...we are thanking you right back!:yup:

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Ditto what QK said, snake! (If I may call you that...:gah: ) We all appreciate having a forum of like minded individuals (usually :rolleyes: ) to associate with and share experiences and ideas.

Also, most importantly, new people are welcomed here and asked to share their ideas on an equal footing with long time members. You will never see this sort of crap or attitude at this site:

Caution: offensive image and attitude ahead :mad:

This delightful image came from another forum that I've frequented for years, and have stopped donating to within the last month because it is sliding into this sort of "newbies aren't squat" crap that makes me sick. I won't be going there very much in the near future.

Again, welcome to the best forum on the web, ssssthesnake!

Edited to add: Mods, please pull this image if you think it's too offensive for this site...

·
Super Moderator
23,594 Posts
Dittto the above! The CC "gang" has been invaluable to me as a resource and learning aid since I just started handgunning, and got my CHL recently. The "old" members are awesome!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Snake - I am personally glad you find the site as you do - as in fact I like to think so do many others.

Bumper has scored a slam dunk IMO and so we here are pretty much dedicated to carry and all it involves. Further to that, because we support this discipline so much we are pretty much all of a flavor to try and help those newer to it.

Rick - for me the pic is Ok - tho we all know what the acronym is :18: LOL

I'd like to think that noobs here are, apart from being welcomed - able to step right on in. This is a family of CCW folks but not I hope a clique - and so all who wish to learn and share knowledge are welcome. Just follow Bumper's rules and all is well!

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Welcome to the forum and certainly glad to find it a good resource. Lots of good information from all members, new and old. You might want to do a search on California CCW here; there's several threads with good advice on getting a permit in California. :smile:

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
I think that as several of us here age, we see the importance of helping along the next generation. That's why so many of us become instructors. That's the reason we welcome new comers so openly.

Welcome. Learn from us and we will learn from you.

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
Thanks for the thanks, but remember the forum IS its users!

Those of us that have the privilege of being moderators are thankful for the members, and the cooperation we get from them to keep this a sane, mature, and friendly place.

·
Registered
473 Posts
i always remember one thing a more experienced guy told me once.
"at one time everybody was a new guy, so don't worry so much about it, and never be afraid to ask if you don't know."
good words, glad i listened to him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.