Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Great info. Just picked up some Hornady CD FTX 9mm 115 gr yesterday. I was looking for Gold Dot but these days it not always what you want but what you can get. They had two boxes on the shelf and I use Hornady with my muzzleloader so I hoped their reputation was just as solid with pistol ammo.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I've actually already read this article in my very own personal edition of the magazine I received two days ago! Join the NRA!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've actually already read this article in my very own personal edition of the magazine I received two days ago! Join the NRA!
Already have brother... just passing it along for others!

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
I have it in 9 mm. It shot good out of the PF-9. I pick some .380 up for the Kel-tec but I did not get to try it out yet. The other day I came across 2 boxes of it in .38 +p. I like it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good read.
Dick's Sporting Goods has some 9mm Critical Defense in 115 gr. I may now pick up and try.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried a box of the Hornady 9mm today and it shot great! I also have the PDX in .40 riding in my M&P. It also shoots great. I don't think you could go wrong with either one!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I get American Hunter rather than rifleman.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Ammo Article in Mag

This is some of the best reading I have seen in a long time. Good explanation of why they did it and how it was done, along with the reuslts of the testing. Now if I can find any of both I can see how they work myself. That may take some time.....

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
I'm a slow reader and just was about to post this article myself.

So, which would YOU choose, the 'no barrier' round or the 'shoot through barrier and maybe a wall in my house' round?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts