Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually bought a case of large pistol primers and a case of bullets (projectiles) - I could not believe my eyes when I saw the shelves full of ammo and reloading supplies!

Heading from TN to NC, we got detoured around a rock slide right past a huge gun and supply store that I didn't know about. Benton Shooters Supply in Benton, TN.

The prices weren't Walmart, but neither was the stock - they had everything.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I actually bought a case of large pistol primers and a case of bullets (projectiles) - I could not believe my eyes when I saw the shelves full of ammo and reloading supplies!

Heading from TN to NC, we got detoured around a rock slide right past a huge gun and supply store that I didn't know about. Benton Shooters Supply in Benton, TN.

The prices weren't Walmart, but neither was the stock - they had everything.
As long as the service isn't Wal-Mart, and neither is the shopping experience, then I for one am willing to pay more.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
That's cool! I wouldn't mind stumbling upon a new gun shop I didn't know about. I'm sort of jaded with the locals. So much so that I just call them on the phone to see what's new and if they have what I want.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Sounds like a great trip for you...I don't mind paying higher than walmart prices, especially if it's to a smaller independent business...

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Oh man, a whole case of primers! That is the stuff of legend around here. Congrats on the score.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Just curious; what did you pay for primers?
Yeah, which arm and which leg?:ticking:
--------------------------------------------------------

To the OP...
Nice find, buy early, buy a lot...:yup:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Currently, the major gun shop in the area is selling primers for $32/1000.

·
Registered
830 Posts
congrats on the find. Happy shooting! I just received 4000 lead bullets from my bullet guy on Friday. He even did a house call :-D ...I really need to start casting!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts