Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got back from the range with my son (13), my brother, and his son (14). My brother isn't a gun owner, but in no way is an "anti". We shot several handguns (.40, .38, and .22) before moving over to the 100yd rifle range. I got out the AK-47 (AMD-65) and took aim at 24"x24" targets. The kids had no trouble keeping rounds on paper. Even with the very short sight radius of the AMD-65, they were shooting 12"groups at 100 yds with iron sights--not bad considering they'd never fired it before. HUGE smiles all around!

Take your kids to the range. If you don't have kids, take your nieces, nephews, cousins, or volunteer with groups that will let you. Share your passion (a cool looking, flame-throwing AMD is just the ticket!).

Pics posted below

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Teach them to shoot straight when they are young. Because.......

When we are old and can't see anymore, they'll be the ones protecting us from the ZOMBIE'S!!!!!!!
:AR15firing:

Shooting with the kids.... always good fun!

Good job!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pics from the range mentioned at the beginning of the thread:

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Great day and thanks for the pics. I take my 8 year old daughter on occasion and have taken my nephew a few times too. Teach them safe and responsible gun ownership and handling early on and it pays dividends for life. Thanks for sharing.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Any day at the range is a good day. Glad y'all had fun. I'm really liking that AMD-65. Always been on my long list.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Congrats on the Family day at the range. Nothing better than the family putting lead on target down range. :hand10:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Very Nice..Taking the kids out is the best day at the range. Thanks for sharing.:smile:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not at this one. Most ranges in the DFW area don't allow FMJ on the rifle range. I was shooting HP and soft point

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Interesting, I know most indoor ranges here won't allow Warsaw pact FMJ, but no such restrictions on our outdoor ranges.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts