Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I mean ''lil'' :smile:

The Marlin Papoose - a take down semi with the same basic action as Marlin 60. Here assembled but the knurled ring at rear of barrel unscrews (for those unfamiliar) so as to remove barrel - and so whole deal goes in a small zippered case. No pics of that but - very compact.

For some wierd reason the gun is supplied with 7 round mags - I mean 7??!!! I got an extra 7 but also a ten. Keep all those stoked and with the gun. Had it now quite a while.

OK - mouse caliber but still handy to have tucked under rear seat. I sometimes have a heavier rifle on board but this one ''lives'' in the truck. Not overly expensive and a great plaything as well as IMO a rather practical item to have along for all rides.

(Eats Stingers just fine!)

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
used to keep a 10/22 behind the pick up seat. Now its a 12 ga. S&W 18" barrel w/ a extended mag tube and rifle sights.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I have considered one of those. I like the idea of a takedown .22.

My truck gun is still my 1894 for various reasons, the cheif one being I can openly carry it and walk along the rural Texas highways without drawing undue attention.

·
Registered
726 Posts
P95, That's a slick little rifle. Seven quick .22LR's can do a lot of damage, especially with the accuracy of a rifle (one for each eye, one for each nostril, and three in the mouth!) That ought to teach 'em not to mess with you.

·
Registered
862 Posts
For me it’s a .223 H&R with a 16x variable power scope. A 94 Win.30-30 would be as good for different reasons. That’s when I lived in NYS.

Now my truck gun is whatever handgun I am carrying. My prized rifles are just gun safe Queens now:frown: .

·
Super Moderator
22,002 Posts
Good lookin' Marlin Chris.

This one's mine at the moment;

(yes, the reciever really is plum colored :tongue:)

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
What about KelTec's Carbine in 9mm or .40 caliber? Anyone here have one? It folds in half. I've been thinking about one for a while.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Army - the sub 2000 appeals to me too - so compact. I have seen and fired one and overall it ain't bad at all. It is still ''hovering'' on my list :smile:

OD - plum color eh - no matter - as long as internals work right :18:

·
Super Moderator
22,002 Posts
OD - plum color eh - no matter - as long as internals work right
It's fantastic shooter Chris :image035:
You cannot re-blue post-64, Model 94s without plating them first, the cast receivers (1964 thru 1982) will just not take a conventional bluing. :frown:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts