Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Nearly one full semester in the books of campus carry in all the state universities in Texas covering hundreds of thousands of students and not one instance of blood running in the streets. Who'da thunk it???

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I have no respect for feminists or "empowering women" or any of the other contemporary nonsense that runs in this vein. What I do have a world of respect for are people who take responsibility for their own lives and their own protection and their own future, be them men or women. I like what one of the ladies said about not being able to fathom the concept of not having the right to protect themselves. She echoes my thoughts on that matter.

Universities, like any other gun-free zones, who claim that campus police or security are there to protect them are fools and worse, accomplices in student injuries and death from attacks. All those police or security are able to do is draw nice like chalk lines around dead bodies, write lengthy reports, and take pictures. How does that fair with the parents of injured or dead students?

BTW, those ladies in this film do need some training on the proper and effective grip on their handguns.

·
Registered
10,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, those ladies in this film do need some training on the proper and effective grip on their handguns.
I noticed that, too. But I think the message is the more important issue. After all, it's not a training video.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
A fairly well done presentation.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
I welcome anything from anybody that attempts to keep or move the 2A in a positive direction.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I noticed that, too. But I think the message is the more important issue. After all, it's not a training video.
This is true and I agree with your assessment.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Yeah, when I saw the back of the targets my first thought was low left, Yup, fixable:35:

My second thought was ok, they are probably newbies so cut them some slack and congratulate them on first steps AND participating in an empowering video

·
Banned
894 Posts
What I do have a world of respect for are people who take responsibility for their own lives and their own protection and their own future, be them men or women.
And that is feminism, when applied to a female.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Nearly one full semester in the books of campus carry in all the state universities in Texas covering hundreds of thousands of students and not one instance of blood running in the streets. Who'da thunk it???
Hundreds of semesters' worth of permissible carry on lots of campuses across the nation over the years - no blood in the dorms, no shootouts in the classrooms.

One's right to self defense does not end at that arbitrary line demarcating the campus boundary - students have life outside the campus, they come and they go. Faculty and staff likewise. Banning carry on campus effectively disarms a person who commutes to campus for the whole of their day away from home, even if they go there for just one class during the day.

I look forward to the time my legislature strips the board of regents of the ability to limit this fundamental right.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
And that is feminism, when applied to a female.
I disagree. Would it then be masculinism when applied to males?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts