Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way (and running late) to the range today, I realized that I didn't have any cardboard for my range stand, so I stopped in at Home Depot. I had two pistols and the shotgun in the car, but my Sig was on my hip, as always...just that the fleece I was wearing is a little short, so there was no way to CC it.

I realized this as I was about 10 yards from the entrance and saw TWO police cars right at the entrance.

So I just looked over, smiled and nodded, saw them look at my hip, look back up at my face, smile, and nod back.

Went into HD to grab some sign-making board and a stapler gun (mine broke last range trip) and these two "little old ladies" were the only ones in that area to help me. One definitely noticed and got the big dumb cow :Eyecrazy: eyes, but I just kept walking towards her, smiled, and politely asked where the staple guns were. I saw her visibly relax (amazing how just because we carry and make eye contact, we somehow don't suddenly flip out and start shooting, eh? :comeandgetsome: lol) and she even walked with me over and helped me find the same kind as I had broken.

Check out went smoothly, I don't think the cashier cared, or even noticed, and when I went outside...*cue sarcasm*...much to my shock, the two police cars were NOT sitting out there, waiting to "get" me. Huh! Imagine that! lol.

All in all, everything went great.

For those of you in the Lake Norman area of NC, the Huntersville/Cornelius Home Depot is very OC-friendly, as are the local police, apparently :)

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Did you have to staple your gun in it's holster so to prevent it from jumping out and shooting up the place???

Z

·
Registered
473 Posts
Great experience and great show of professional courtesy and manners on our behalf.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I'd love to have a video of all that! :rofl:

God bless ya sister for being a great ambassador for OC! :wink:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Women can get away with a whole lot of stuff that men can't. It might be a problem in the future for me but I tend to discount women as ever being a risk to me - their carrying a gun won't matter - I just assume a general lack of testosterone driven aggression and assholery so don't worry. Good to see a good OC experience but I am not surprised in the least.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Did they have to run a NICS check before they sold you the staple gun? :hand5:

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Great OC experience Bunny! Just as it should be.

Did you have a good range trip too?

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
In Ohio you must inform.

There, just thought I'd be the first to post what might be the law in a totally different state than the topic.

Joking aside, sounds like a nice practical trip. OC out of necessity, and no hassle.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I thought you switched to a Glock. :rofl:

Must have been those bunny ears. :yup: Some pics would help us all.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
The LEO'S are sexist swines :rofl: J/K
H/D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Seeing how I work part-time @ Home Depot, I am very disappointed in the concern of the employees....uuuhuummmm, sorry....the Asssociates. Not one of them inquired about the pistol. I would have ben the first to ask 100 questions......such as: type, Caliber, Can I go with you? and so on.:smile:

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
I have found Home Depot to be "gun friendly" in general. I was OCing at the one in Columbia MO, there were lines at all open registers and the manager opened the service desk register. As I got to the register the manager looked at my 1911 and said "I love it when you guys come in; it keeps the bad guys guessing".

·
Banned
471 Posts
Women can get away with a whole lot of stuff that men can't. It might be a problem in the future for me but I tend to discount women as ever being a risk to me - their carrying a gun won't matter - I just assume a general lack of testosterone driven aggression and assholery so don't worry. Good to see a good OC experience but I am not surprised in the least.
You have obviously never been a party in a bitter divorce!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just curious.....
Do you use hollow point...or FMJ....staples???!:wink:
I use APs. lol!

BurgDog, don't let the sweet-and-innocent facade fool you. I can give any man here a run for his money in the aggression and assholery department. You just have to push a LOT to get me to push back. But I see what you're saying, and you're right. I think that's a major contributing factor as to why my OC experiences have been altogether pretty positive so far.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sweet! Glad to hear it! Was it CMPD?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts