Defensive Carry banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to relate some info about a new backpacking/camping stove I have been trying out. Recently went on Amazon to buy a new MSR pocket rocket stove (kind of an industry standard at 3oz) and came across a stove called the BRS 3000t instead. Was listed at $13 and claimed to be less than one ounce. I said, "what the heck?". I ordered two. Anyways, I have used the things quite a bit now, both testing in the garage for fuel consumption and also on a recent 4 day camping trip. Both work just as you would expect, have a great support design (good enough for a any backpacking pot), and are just as light as advertised. For the price they are asking you can't really go wrong, you could by three of the things for the price of one typical stove and then fit all three inside a coffee mug. The stove has an aluminum base with direct aluminum to aluminum threading, rubber O ring seal, brass valve adjustment, titanium supports and stainless stem exc. Basically all the normal material in the normal places. Can't really find any obvious fault with the stove.

Fuel consumption was no worse than any other similar style stove; I was averaging 7 grams of fuel per 1/2 liter boiled (usually what you need for freeze dried meals), which means that for your typical 4 oz (133 g) canister you could boil about 9-10 full liters of water using this stove, which is plenty efficient for my needs.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultralight-C...=UTF8&qid=1477456323&sr=8-2&keywords=brs+3000

(in the pictures on the amazon link for some reason the brass pieces are gray. Don't worry, they are brass).

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've got 2 of those. You can find them on Amazon and EBay from different sellers for even less. Both of mine came directly from China $5 each shipped. They do work great. I'd suggest testing it out before hand and gave a pair of needle nosed pliers nearby to make tweaks in the arms if you need to.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got 2 of those. You can find them on Amazon and EBay from different sellers for even less. Both of mine came directly from China $5 each shipped. They do work great. I'd suggest testing it out before hand and gave a pair of needle nosed pliers nearby to make tweaks in the arms if you need to.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
Yeah I certainly did test them for about 30 minutes each before taking them out camping. The arms on mine worked perfect, they were actually one of the more impressive design features I thought. I think this stove is a knock off of the 'Fire-Maple Hornet 300t', but somehow they made it lighter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts