Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evil exists. Always has, always will. This is a tragic story. By all accounts, this was a very good young man.

15-Year-Old Boy Murdered While Protecting 5-Year-Old Sister From Home Intruder

Port Charlotte, FL – A 15-year-old boy was murdered while trying to protect his five-year-old sister from a home intruder on Sept. 26, according to investigators.

Police were called to the Port Charlotte residential area at approximately 4 p.m., after witnesses spotted a man with stab wounds running around the neighborhood, ABC News reported.

When officers located the suspect, later identified as 27-year-old probationer Ryan Clayton Cole, he immediately attempted to flee from them on foot.....

During a canvas of the area, investigators discovered that someone had forced entry into a residence on Starlite Lane, according to Newsweek.

Officers searched the home and stumbled upon the body of 15-year-old Khyler Edman, ABC News reported.

Khyler’s uninjured five-year-old sister was also found inside the residence.

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter/news/15-year-old-boy-murdered-while-protecting-5-year-old-sister-from-home-intruder-iqfZ-Ui8rka1x9UwaT2wBg/?fbclid=IwAR0d6qutIhVtpm9yv49bg2_T65oQjVi1DFuMRRok8bTe9EPmgc53IBXIXgY

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
So sad that such a young hero had to lay down his life.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
This is the reason why I don't understand why people think it is so great to revive dopers. This doper was given a second chance he was given probation in lieu of jail time. I may be wrong but I feel like there will be a judge who will determine his punishment and it will be a long one.

·
Registered
921 Posts
...I may be wrong but I feel like there will be a judge who will determine his punishment and it will be a long one.
I hope that you're right, but my bet is that you are wrong.
Progressive justice maintains that long-term incarceration doesn't work to reform criminals, and, therefore, that it is "cruel and unusual punishment." Therefore, criminals like this guy are released within a few years, and, all too frequently, offend against society again and again.

I do not understand why any form of incarceration could be "cruel and unusual," since people like this guy rotate in and out of prison, again and again and again.
"Again and again" keeps it from being "unusual."
Further, how can any punishment for a crime like this be "cruel"? The words I'd use are "just" and "deserved."

Progressives are sowing the seeds of their own society's destruction.

·
Premium Member
3,995 Posts
In a civilized society a 15 year old boy should not lose his life protecting his 5 year old sister from a druggie out on probation.
These social activist judges and prosecutors should be held responsible for the mayhem those they choose to release do.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
In a civilized society a 15 year old boy should not lose his life protecting his 5 year old sister from a druggie out on probation.
These social activist judges and prosecutors should be held responsible for the mayhem those they choose to release do.

:c-yes5:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I hope that you're right, but my bet is that you are wrong.
Progressive justice maintains that long-term incarceration doesn't work to reform criminals, and, therefore, that it is "cruel and unusual punishment." Therefore, criminals like this guy are released within a few years, and, all too frequently, offend against society again and again.

I do not understand why any form of incarceration could be "cruel and unusual," since people like this guy rotate in and out of prison, again and again and again.
"Again and again" keeps it from being "unusual."
Further, how can any punishment for a crime like this be "cruel"? The words I'd use are "just" and "deserved."

Progressives are sowing the seeds of their own society's destruction.
I meant a long and hot one like eternity.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Godspeed young man...I hope to get to shake your hand one day; or whatever it is we will do when I get there.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
When I was in HS a guy I knew, he was about 15 too, was home alone with his sister. Someone broke into his sister's room, he brained the guy with a fireplace poker.

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts
This is the reason why I don't understand why people think it is so great to revive dopers. This doper was given a second chance he was given probation in lieu of jail time. I may be wrong but I feel like there will be a judge who will determine his punishment and it will be a long one.
Yes, it's pretty bizarre that in some places the cops are required to carry Narcan, but I've never heard of them being required to carry EpiPens, insulin, nitroglycerine, asthma inhalers, or any other emergency meds for non-self-inflicted medical emergencies.

How is it that a responsible, law-abiding citizen with peanut- or bee-sting allergies, diabetes, a heart condition, or asthma is somehow less 'entitled' to emergency medication than some junkie who chooses to poison himself?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts