Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day everyone!

I stumbled across this site when looking for information as a prospective new gun owner, and I was blown away by some of the knowledge (and the ability to relay it in a clear/concise manner)

So, creating an account and getting into the mix was a necessity.

About me - While I (will be) new to the ownership of a firearm, I am definitely not a noob when it comes to firearms in general. Of course I had several rifles (pump action BB as well as bolt action 22) when I was a kid. My parents had possession of a 9mm that I used several times as well as a (very dangerous) 'Saturday Night Special' revolver. My experience was diversified even more during my time in the Navy with the VBSS team as well as ASF and SAT/BAF details (both of which required the carrying of a sidearm or shotgun) As well as the continual quals that come with it.

So I guess I am ahead of the curve with the 'comfortability' and 'safety' aspects of owning a firearm, yet I never felt the need to own one personally. -Until now...

Recently some things in my life have changed *cough*divorce*cough* that have all but 'forced' me to relocate from my once 'safe' neighborhood to a place that could be considered more of a 'target' as its located in one of the more economically depressed areas of the city I live in. Well, that and the fact that I am no longer in a relationship that is not necessarily 'anti-gun' but moreso 'you wont do it unless I approve' mentality.

So I guess along with some of the major changes that are happening in my life (some within my control, others not) I came to the conclusion that owning a firearm would be in my best interests, as well as give me a release and something to do that I enjoy. (i.e. going to the range to shoot)

I am looking forward to learning as much as I possibly can, and eventually being able to share some of my knowledge/stories that I have picked up along the way as well.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.
Thanks DangerField!

Yeah, that is usually forum etiquette but it is surprising to see how many folks can be lacking in that department. Treating others as I would like to be treated is pretty much how I live my life.

The cool thing about online forums though is the 'ignore' button is merely a click away :tongue:

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee.......the "Patron State of Shootin' Stuff!"

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yo, Yo!

:wave:

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
Welcome from Alabama

Reactions: NONAME762

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Enjoy the forum.................... :wave:

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Welcome from Southwest Florida.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Welcome from the Richmond area.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin, Shipmate! Former Navy but retired Army here. Thanks for your service.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Welcome from Memphis.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio. :wave:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from a fellow Virginian.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.