Defensive Carry banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm former USAF 1988-1999 Russian, Polish, Serbo-Croatian cryptolinguist/analyst (airborne and ground) service-connected disabled vet now stay at home homemaker. I am very pro 2nd Amendment and see being involved in supporting those rights as vital even if I do not exercise them myself. I am not a concealed carrier because with my medical issues I have vision problems and hand tremors and feel it would be very irresponsible of me to carry. I fully support the rights of others to do so and I am interested in learning more about CC as a possibility for my husband (although in our state I hear it's all but impossible) and am interested in disaster and SHTF preparedness in general.

I've tried joining other 2nd Amendment type groups on Facebook before but left when things turned out bigotry was openly welcomed. I was very glad to read the terms and conditions here and sign them.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you should be able to find some of the info you may need from members. My son lives in Silver Spring seems like a nice area.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Howdy from TEXAS, where the west begins. Welcome to the forum.
Glad you could join us. Pull up a chair and sit a spell.

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Thanks for your service...:usa:

RET :31:

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hello SMag ... Welcome from SW Ohio ... Glad to have you aboard!

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Welcome from Virginia. I moved across the Potomac after getting my undergraduate degree from UofMd.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Welcome from another Virginian.

Maryland has a terrible record with abuses of firearms owners and those who travel through the state with arms in their vehicles. Unfortunately for you, Montgomery County, Baltimore County, and, I think, Howard County pretty much rule what goes down in Annapolis. We have also been poisoned here with the influx of foreigners, people coming into Virginia from other places, who don't leave their ideas and philosophies behind before crossing our border. This has changed the socio-political climate here from a once proud Southern state to a bouillabaisse of cultures and traditions.

Yes, getting a permit to carry a firearm in Maryland is next to impossible. But have no fear. The criminal element is alive and robust in your state, albeit to the detriment of the honest and law abiding citizens.

What a difference a river makes.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Greetings.jpg
Welcome !!!!

·
Super Moderator
25,614 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and Maryland...

Yes, it's just about impossible to get a CC permit in this state, and I have to admit I haven't tried since the fees are non-refundable, so the states of Utah and Florida got the money.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts