Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, love the site.

Name is Paul, I'm 37 from Suffolk County Long Island. I use to have a pistol license a number of years ago but, let it expire because I was planning to move out of state. Anyway, I recently filed for a new license (exactly one month ago today) and I can't stand the wait. It could take up to six months so I've been using the time to read up and learn as much as I can.

As I said, I had a pistol license so I'm not a stranger to handguns. I use to own a S&W 6906, S&W 686 and a Beretta 92F. I'm having a hard time trying to decide on what I'll be picking up when the time comes and the long wait only makes matters worse. We can't even HANDLE a handgun is a store without a license....this state is nuts.

Well, guess that's all for now. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys.

d9 - out

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome aboard, too bad about the PRNY thing, we won't hold it against you though. Have you ever given any thought to a fine 1911 for your next purchase? Can't go wrong with a 1911, IMHO anyway. Enjoy the forum, lots of good folks here and great info too!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have thought about a 1911 but, I've decided on a 9mm because it's a round that I'm familiar and have experience with. Plus, my wite will be getting a license as well. She's not too fond of guns and I don't want to spook her too bad.

No doubt though, one day I plan on having a 1911 in the stable.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hi Paul -

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome - :smile:

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome aboard, Paul. Just a thought - there are 9mm 1911s available. I know for sure that Les Baer, Para-Ordnance, Springfield Armory, and STI make them. So it is possible to have both.:yup:

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Welcome to the forum, distortion9 :wave:

Thanks for registering :hand10:

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Welcome from Washington state. Sounds like rough situation.

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Rocky Top Tennessee, Best of luck on the PRNY licence.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Welcome! :beerchug:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank's for the welcome everyone.

I didn't know 1911's came in 9mm, I always think 45 or 38 super when I hear 1911. Feel like a dummy now lol.

Anyway, congrats....you have just made my decision a little bit harder lol. Prior to this, I had it narrowed down to (in the following order).

1. H&K USP compact
2. Sig 229
3. Beretta 92F
4. Glock 19

I won't be able to make a decision until I'm able to get my hands on each of them but, going purely on "features" that's the list I've come up with.

I know the Beretta may seem like an odd fit in that group but, I owned one before and know it fits like a glove. Plus it has everything I'm looking for (exposed hammer, external safety, DA/SA), everything except the size.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hello from North Texaws. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.