Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
daniel here, thanks for letting me be part of the group. i look forward to learning, trading tips, and getting new ideas etc from everyone. because one size doesn't fit all, my 3 guns that i own and carry are (in no particular order): M & P bodyguard 380, Springfield XD mod.2 9mm 4", and a S & W model 60 .357.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Daniel: Welcome right back from Richmond. If you are not a member already, I strongly encourage you to join the VCDL. If you are a member, maybe we'll meet at the picnic next weekend.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin, Daniel!

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Welcome aboard from another Virginian. Good to have you with us.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the mountains in North Carolina :wave:

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Welcome from GA.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome from AZ!

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Welcome from The Bluegrass! Glad ta' have ya'!

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET :31:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Daniel: Welcome right back from Richmond. If you are not a member already, I strongly encourage you to join the VCDL. If you are a member, maybe we'll meet at the picnic next weekend.
I'm in Chester. What is the VCDL?

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Wow, I'm amazed that you all never heard of them. They're like the NRA of VA. VCDL stands for the Virginia Citizens Defence League.
Well, not exactly. The NRA of VA is the Virginia Shooting Sports Association, the VSSA, which is the NRA's official affiliate in VA. The VCDL is more conservative than the NRA and does not compromise on gun rights, period. There used to be tension between the two orgs, but that has been resolved. Wayne LaPierre lives in VA and is now a VCDL member.

In additional to the email newsletter (FYI, I just started as one of the editors) we can also can turn out dozens, if not hundreds, of people to pro-gun demonstrations. On a freezing day in Jan. 1,200 members, all carrying, mostly OC, showed up for Lobby Day at the VA Capitol. We crammed into the Legislative Office Building in teams and visited the offices of every legislator in the state. A lot of Capitol Police and the secretaries were wettin' their pants, but it was all legal and peaceful. One legislator demanded that one of the teams leave their guns outside his office, so they had to lock them up in his secretary's desk, which she was none too happy about! One guy had an AR, so I guess she just had to hang onto that!

The VCDL is also just a great group of people. Our president, Phil Van Cleave, gets interviewed on national TV fairly regularly. He and Katie Couric recently had a dust-up that she resoundly lost.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Well, not exactly. The NRA of VA is the Virginia Shooting Sports Association, the VSSA, which is the NRA's official affiliate in VA. The VCDL is more conservative than the NRA and does not compromise on gun rights, period. There used to be tension between the two orgs, but that has been resolved. Wayne LaPierre lives in VA and is now a VCDL member.

In additional to the email newsletter (FYI, I just started as one of the editors) we can also can turn out dozens, if not hundreds, of people to pro-gun demonstrations. On a freezing day in Jan. 1,200 members, all carrying, mostly OC, showed up for Lobby Day at the VA Capitol. We crammed into the Legislative Office Building in teams and visited the offices of every legislator in the state. A lot of Capitol Police and the secretaries were wettin' their pants, but it was all legal and peaceful. One legislator demanded that one of the teams leave their guns outside his office, so they had to lock them up in his secretary's desk, which she was none too happy about! One guy had an AR, so I guess she just had to hang onto that!

The VCDL is also just a great group of people. Our president, Phil Van Cleave, gets interviewed on national TV fairly regularly. He and Katie Couric recently had a dust-up that she resoundly lost.
I supposed they are more conservative than the NRA, but I have seen them compromise, for example, when it came to the whole CCP reciprocity debacle.

I think we both can agree that they are a great group of people who don't get the credit they deserve for all the things they do in the background. I missed Lobby day this year, but I was there the previous year.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Welcome from the West End. To be more specific, the Henrico area.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts

Not quite. All I have ever gotten is smiles, waves, thumbs up, and supportive comments when I have been to Lobby Day.

I do recall hearing about the representative who didn't want armed citizens in his office. And there was a female representative from Arlington (go figure) who as clearly not happy with armed folk roaming the halls and holding court with their reps while armed. But those types are the rare ones. Most are used to seeing us on Lobby Day.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts