Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick intro. My name is Chris, I live in Laguna Niguel California. Orange County seems to be one of the few counties in the state that will issue a CCW as long as you are able to pass the background check. That's exactly where I am at this point, I have been received the preliminary approval and am waiting on the DOJ and FBI background check to be completed.

I'm 39 years old, have a lovely wife originally from New Zealand (which BTW is very anti-gun, even the average LEO does not carry) and two beautiful daughters aged 2.5 and 7 months.

My reason for getting a CCW is my job. I am a Realtor. I look like the typical white boy, blond hair, green eyes. I also happen to be fluent in Spanish having grown up in Central America. Because of this, I work with a lot of first-time buyers of Hispanic descent. I frequently am in less than desirable neighborhoods frequented by gang members. I have been able to talk my way out of a few situations, but don't want to be defensless the day I can't use my charm.

Anyway, I have lurked here for a bit and decided I should finally join. I look forward to learning and getting to know you guys.

Take care,

CG

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Hey Chris - welcome :smilez: - from this Chris, in PA!

I know NZ is not over gun friendly but thought it was way better than Oz! Good luck getting that permit.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Welcome Chris,the only time during my years in the USN that I contimplated going AWOL was at the end of my stays in NZ. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE PLACE.I was in and out of Christchurch and Auckland and spent my "off time" up north in Whangarei. Met a girl(you know).She worked at the big national park up there. Great country and beautiful women. If you can obtain a CC permit in Kalifornia,well,good on ya. Again,welcome to the forum. --------

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome guys. Yeah, CA is a tough place overall to get a permit, but luckily I live in one of the easier locales. Like I said, I've been approved pending my back ground check so unless my evil twin has made a bad name for me out there I should be good to go shortly.

Yeah, NZ is amazing. I have not made it to the South Island yet but will probably get there this Christmas. Whangarei is very beautiful. I also really like Great Barrier Island off the NE coast of the North Island. Truly amazing.

Thanks again for the warm welcome,

CG

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Welcom to the fold Chris. This is becoming one of my favorite sites. Enjoy your stay and have a long look around. Sixgun:wave:

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome to the forum Chris - :smilez:

Best wishes on your CCW too.

·
Super Moderator
24,656 Posts
Welcome ChrisG! Realtors in this area (DFW) are working in teams oftentimes just due to security issues - especially at "open houses" and the 15 house "look ats".

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Welcome from a former Californian. I grew up in the town of San Dimas. Good luck on the paper work.
Mike

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have family in Laguna Niguel, its a beautiful place! Good luck with the permit.

·
Administrator
144,132 Posts
Hi ChrisG

Welcome to the forum.
Sounds like you have a wonderful family. Great that you're taking positive measures to help insure that you always make it home to them.
A very wise decision.:congrats:
Well, you're very welcome here.
Thanks for registering.:yup:
Feel free to actively participate.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Welcome from NC. Let us know when you get your carry permit!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
QKShooter said:
Welcome to the forum.
Sounds like you have a wonderful family. Great that you're taking positive measures to help insure that you always make it home to them.
A very wise decision.:congrats:
Well, you're very welcome here.
Thanks for registering.:yup:
Feel free to actively participate.
Making it home to the family is what it's all about. It's certainly not an ego thing like so many CCW permit holders I have met. I am more than able to take care of my self "mano a mano" but have very rarely had to resort to that even when I worked as a bouncer at the local dive bar many years ago. I am very non-violent and would hate to have to resort to a situation that might lead to a loss of life. But as long as I can go home to my wife and kids at night, all is good.

Thanks for the welcome,

Chris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.