Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and I'm glad I'm not in NJ (almost no one may carry) any more. I am turning in my paperwork for my CCW very soon (need to take time to get the photo and MO's). They say it's a short time to get the permit here, so I'll be bugging out until it's done.

Although I'm primarily a Beretta guy (part of the Beretta Invasion), I'm also quite partial to Sig and like H&K and S&W. I collect Berettas, but I've got a nice Sig and H&K. I'll probably post a photo at a later date.

I carried a Beretta 84BB in an original Uncle Mike's waist pack for a while a few years back. It was the original 'small' version that looked like any other nylon waist pack. No one knew unless I told them or felt how much the pack weighed. Even then, they would have to ask to be sure. I still have it but don't have any intentions of using it right now.

I'm going to be making a decision on what to carry sometime soon. I think I'll start out with something I'm familiar with and then start looking for something that's going to be the best for me. Most likely, it will be a Beretta Mini-Cougar G (decock only) 9mm carried in some sort of IWB holster that doesn't require a belt. I may need to supplement it with a band, but we'll see. Who knows, I may just wind up with a little Beretta Jetfire .25.

When I get closer to time to actually carry, I'll start asking questions and making a mild nuisance of myself if I can't find something by using the search function.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot here.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Welcome to the forum B!

It's good to see another "invader" here!

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome from Arizona - Best wishes as you obtain your CCW -

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Welcome 1526 :smilez:

As you may have gathered, this community is here to exchange ideas and help - and have fun too!! Hopefully you will have gleaned quite a lot already and the search function can help too.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Welcome from Idaho

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome from Alabama.

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
Welcome to the forum, we welcome all brands of invasions here. :smile:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.:wave:

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Whoa!

We're getting seriously out gunned here by Beretta devotees.:yup:

I'm going to hafta go over to 1911Forum & start a recruitment drive. :rofl:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Welcome :wave:

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
Welcome.

To expedite processing on your CWFL, do avail yourself of the electronic fingerprinting. The Orange County sheriff's office does these on a walk-in basis. See http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/CWCS/ElecFingerprintInfo.html for info.

The electronic fingerprinting speeds the process along nicely. Mine took 13 days from mailing the forms to receiving the license in the mail.

Matt

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MattLarson said:
Welcome.

To expedite processing on your CWFL, do avail yourself of the electronic fingerprinting. The Orange County sheriff's office does these on a walk-in basis. See http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/CWCS/ElecFingerprintInfo.html for info.

The electronic fingerprinting speeds the process along nicely. Mine took 13 days from mailing the forms to receiving the license in the mail.

Matt
Holy crap, I'm going to have to do that! THANK YOU!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.