Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live about 40 miles north of The D and have done so my whole life. I am new to firearms as the wife controls the finances. After the last election failure though she turned to me and said it was time to seriously get a firearm and CPL before it's too late. Always listen to the boss :smile:

After further prompting, just to make sure it was not some fantasy land I was in when I 'thought' I heard her say that I moved forward purchasing a handgun, taking my CPL class, getting in some shooting time and finally getting my CPL, with a few other purchases along the way :wink:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I am new to firearms as the wife controls the finances. After the last election failure though she turned to me and said it was time to seriously get a firearm and CPL before it's too late. Always listen to the boss :smile:
She knows what she's talkin' about. Am assuming you're both doing the CHL two-step. :yup:

Welcome aboard. Lots of good people here. Enjoy. :wave:

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Wow! Would not wish your locale on my worst dog (and I respect that you are holding firm there...). Be Safe! Train Safe and train to be safe = know your target and be on target.

Welcome here! Ask questions - any questions. Be polite and know that the greater DC community is awesome.

I'll loop back. Stay safe for you and your Ladie! God Speed (if you believe in that).

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Welcome to the Forums. Always use cash when buying arms/ammo.

Reactions: ccw9mm

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
welcome from PA. this place has lots of great info and nice people, glad you found us. happy shooting.

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Welcome from Lansing!

You've got the gun, you'll be taking the CPL class. Make sure you get some professional training on the use of that firearm. The CPL course does NOT teach that!

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
Welcome from Alabama

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Welcome from Delaware!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Welcome from Southwest Florida.