Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in upstate NY but you still don't seem to get to talk guns very much other than at the range. Places like this help. While i've owned a pistol for quite some time, I have only relatively recently become a consistent carry person. I think people understand that we used to kid ourselves that we could avoid certain areas and if you couldn't, then swing by the house to pick up your carry pistol.

Those days appear to be gone. As such, I had to search for an EDC that I could carry even in our hot, sticky summer weather. That search led to the Kimber Compact 9. Honorable mention goes to the Sig P938. However I experienced slide bite with the range rental. Also, and I will chalk it up to poor maintenance that I experienced a lot of FTE issues with it. The Kimber has a little longer beavertail to avoid the bite.

During the search I tried quite a few pistols to see if they would fit the criteria (essentially- pocket carry with minimal print) and I tried the XDs which I immediately loved but it was too bulky. Well, with their special going on I tried it again and picked up one anyways. Much easier to shoot than the tiny Kimber (which will remain my EDC). First 100 rounds through and not one hiccup!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome. But, since you are now a DC member, you are far, far above average. Trust me.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Welcome from the Lone Stare State.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Welcome , good to see another from N.Y. :wave:

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET :31:

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

·
Registered
41,601 Posts
Hey! How are yah?

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome from West Tennessee!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts