Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have lived in Vermont since 1989. A great state for hunting,fishing,canoeing. Politics are a little weird for this conservative, but you do what you have to do. As you all know, residents and non-residents don't need a CCW license. I even have some Canadian friends who visit here every year just so that they can carry a concealed weapon. Violent crime rate is low. Most villages and towns don't even have a police force. I would classify myself as an occasional CCW'er, but you folks are slowly educating me as I read this board. :wink:

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Hi JWM

Welcome!
Nice State...Vermont.
Now that you joined the forum...you live in ALL THE GREAT States...all at the same time!
So....the folks up there in Canada duck down into the United States so that they can enjoy a bit of Good Ol' Down Home US Liberty & Freedom? :confused:

I learn something new here every day! :biggrin:

Please jump right on in and feel free to comment or open a new talk thread!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
JWM - welcome to you :smile:

I think a great many of us envy your VT CCW status - and that, with AK makes for the two most sensible and savvy carry states in the nation.

Hope you'll join in, and enjoy the stay.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
HiYa JWM.... Welcome to the Forum from a neighbor East of you..I do a lot of work in VT, mainly in the Highgate Springs, Burlington, "St A" and "St J" areas...hope you enjoy your time here. LOTS to digest, and the pelope are GREAT!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
and the pelope are GREAT!
Yep - great pelopes Bob!!! :biggrin: .....
hahaha - never can resist a good typo! LOL!

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Welcome to CombatCarry.com! Glad to have you join us. :smile:

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Class3 & P95

CLASS3 Said:
"LOTS to digest, and the pelope are GREAT!"

I haven't had a Really GOOD Pelope in "YEARS" ~ I really miss how my GrandMother usta make them. :rofl:

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
QKShooter said:
CLASS3 Said:
"LOTS to digest, and the pelope are GREAT!"

I haven't had a Really GOOD Pelope in "YEARS" ~ I really miss how my GrandMother usta make them. :rofl:
Ohhhhhh boyyyyy LOl....am I gonna sit and wait til QK forgets to use spell check LOL.. :biggrin: <Just kidding you QK> hehehehe

·
Registered
271 Posts
Most villages and towns don't even have a police force.
Coming from CA, I find that to be simply astounding. Can you give us an idea of the size of the average village or town? I found when I moved to Oregon, that "city" means someting different here, and they don't use "town". I'm in a "city" of about 8,000 here.
Welcome to the forum. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
If JWM lives near Alburg VT, located in the Grand Isle area, close to Canada, the population is 485 people. NO crime rate in that area :biggrin:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome!

I thought only us Brits talked about villages... maybe its an East Coast thing. We used to have hamlets too...P95 is probably old enough to remember those :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
We used to have hamlets too...P95 is probably old enough to remember those
Hahaha - indeed - and they weren't cigars either!! I was within reach of one or two down in Devon County where I used to live - plus IIRC there were a few in Yorkshire I came across.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.