Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a S&W 686+ 15 years ago- I loved everything about it but sold it to "rationalize" another gun purchase. I've atoned for my mistake and purchased a new 686+ but the grip on the newer models is much thinner overall (much less purchase) than the gun I let go.

Why S&W did this aside, what's a good rubber grip that enhances the overall thickness of the 686+ grip? I just tried the Hogue Rubber Conversion Style Monogrip but the only difference from the stock grip is the enhanced finger grooves. It's not wider/thicker.

Reactions: 5lima30ret

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Have you tried the tried and true Pachmayr Presentation grips? I put them on my Security Six years ago and loved them. The old S&W Model 19 that I started my police career also wore the Presentation grips. Good luck!

Reactions: 2ndunamended

·
Banned
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried the tried and true Pachmayr Presentation grips? I put them on my Security Six years ago and loved them. The old S&W Model 19 that I started my police career also wore the Presentation grips. Good luck!
Thank you for suggesting the Pachmayr Presentations. For some reason, the Pachmayr grips don't resonate with me- they always seem so blah to me. But are they thicker in general?

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Thank you for suggesting the Pachmayr Presentations. For some reason, the Pachmayr grips don't resonate with me- they always seem so blah to me. But are they thicker in general?
Yes, they are thicker and more hand-filling than the Hogues that you typically see.

Reactions: 2ndunamended

·
Registered
17,205 Posts
I had a S&W 686+ 15 years ago- I loved everything about it but sold it to "rationalize" another gun purchase. I've atoned for my mistake and purchased a new 686+ but the grip on the newer models is much thinner overall (much less purchase) than the gun I let go.

Why S&W did this aside, what's a good rubber grip that enhances the overall thickness of the 686+ grip? I just tried the Hogue Rubber Conversion Style Monogrip but the only difference from the stock grip is the enhanced finger grooves. It's not wider/thicker.
This is what on my 586 and the 629.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts