Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Pachmayr grip sleeve for my Ruger LC9s Pro , and when I received it I noticed a warning on the package stating this product contains Latex . I am allergic to Latex . Does anyone know if the Hogue grip sleeves contain Latex ?

TIA,

·
Registered
426 Posts
When I did a search for what the Hogue grip was made of it said "Made of rubber for softness and durability".

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, thank you for your reply . Latex is a natural rubber , but there are other types of rubber . The Pachmayr grip sleeve is rubber , but it contains Latex .

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used a piece of inner tube off a bike tire. Stretched it over grip,works fine for me. Also, maybe not highly recommended by some, but it also keeps my grip safety on my 1911 compressed, because of my hands, my grip does not fully dis-engage it.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Could you not use maybe Talon grips? It could help in gripping that little guy and not require a trip to the doctor afterward. The inner tube idea is long known fix too, some swear by it, some don't like it at all.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have the rubberized Talon grip on my wife's LC380 and on my Glock 43 and they work amazing. Talon has great customer service so you could contact them and get an answer in 5 minutes or less if their rubberized grip contains latex. Otherwise they have a granular grip as well that works well for range use but I wouldn't want to use it on my EDC. It would probably feel like sandpaper rubbing on you and your clothes all day

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much for your help and input . Does anyone know if the Hogue grip contains any Latex ?

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Free used inner tube out of the junk pile at a bike shop . That's would be the peddle type bikes !! 1.75" worked on smaller pistol like kahr a shield 2> on or 2.25" on larger double stacks and 1911 . Cut to cover as much grip as possible and can be layered for add thick ness or to add a palm swell .

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Thank you very much for your help and input . Does anyone know if the Hogue grip contains any Latex ?
Suggest you call/email Hogue and...ASK 'EM. I've always found them both prompt & quite helpful.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
PLUS - they're a lot smarter than we are. And less-likely to very convincingly...make stuff up. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all very much for all your help , and input . You all have been very helpful .

I just called Hogue , and they said there isn't ANY LATER IN ANY OF THEIR GRIPS . This is great news for me .

Thank you all again , Ted

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wouldn't use wrap around grips. If the wrap around gives you the main purchase you may easily loose that in the CQC struggle.
I used to have them on my USP but after a quick lesson I decided against them.

If they slip on, I would avoid them.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
BIGSAM Guess you say a chunk of inner tube is a wrap around but getting one on your grip can be no simple task . Getting it off is easier but no much . Loosing it in a CQC struggle is not happing .

·
Registered
425 Posts
BIGSAM Guess you say a chunk of inner tube is a wrap around but getting one on your grip can be no simple task . Getting it off is easier but no much . Loosing it in a CQC struggle is not happing .
If you can remove it at will with little effort what would make it impossible for same thing to happen in a struggle?

If it can come off, it can come off.

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
Hogue slip on grips are great , I do not think they contain latex. That would make no sense as latex is broken down by oils. Maybe silicone?

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
bigsam Go pick up a old 1.75 or 2" inner tube and give it a try . Bit you'll think your going to rip a skin off your finger tips pulling a piece on to your grip much less getting it off easily . If you end up in a struggle with a BG your already screwed !! Always gota kick out of some one's knowledge of something even when they have NEVER tried it .

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
I like the rubberized Traction Grips because they can be cut to fit whatever grip panel you may have. but I don't know if they contain latex or not.

·
Registered
425 Posts
bigsam Go pick up a old 1.75 or 2" inner tube and give it a try . Bit you'll think your going to rip a skin off your finger tips pulling a piece on to your grip much less getting it off easily . If you end up in a struggle with a BG your already screwed !! Always gota kick out of some one's knowledge of something even when they have NEVER tried it .
I've used a wrap around before. I believe it was a Hogue or maybe Ergo. It was ok for the 1st 2 mags maybe but then it would shift on me.
I'm not looking to go through different sizes of inner tube to figure out which one works.

If it is not there it can't fail me.

AGAIN, after ALL is said, if it can come off, it can come off.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts