Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up my new Glock 27 Gen 4 and I'm spoiled by the grip. I really do think Glock got it right with the texturing (even if I do prefer a 1911 grip angle).

Anyway, my duty weapon is a Glock 21SF. I love it and it fits my hand great but I wish it had different texturing, particularly on the sides.

What grip adhesives are most similar to the gen 4 in terms of a balance between good grip but not too rough? I thought about getting Falcon grips but wasn't sure about which one to get. Thanks.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I thought about getting Falcon grips but wasn't sure about which one to get. Thanks.
Not sure any are similar to Glock grips. I put Talon Grips on my Gen 3 G26, 19 and 30sf and used the rough-textured finish. Like skateboard tape. I really like the rough surface. But I sanded them down a bit because they were so rough that they would catch my cover shirt and make it stick up.

·
Registered
262 Posts
You could try the rubberized talon grips. I traded for a G34 a while back and the guy had put some on there, they're fairly grippy but they won't catch on your clothing or be really rough on your hands.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Robhic. Was that the roughest they offered?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Robhic. Was that the roughest they offered?
I think it's the only texture (besides rubber) they offered. I only remember the two and I was trying to replace some rubber sleeves I had that kept moving around. The rough appealed to me and I'm glad I did it.

·
Registered
42,066 Posts
I suppose the Gen 4 texture may be better to some, but I've never had a grip issue with my Gen3 Glock 30 here in hot, humid, sweaty south FL. I do think the interchangeable back straps improves the fit over a wider range of hand sizes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts