Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
Depends on the gun I am carrying. If I have my Mini Cougar 45 I dont want to shoot groups bigger than 8 to 10 Bad Guys. With the Taurus I can go 15 to 20 and both only from cover.:haha: :banana:

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
depends on which gun and how slow I am shooting. I go for rapid fire com hits usually . then some tight head shot groups too. Never really stopped to measure em.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
...like Miggy, I post minute-of-bad guy groups that are good enough for gov't work.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I used to be concerned with this, but then got into more of the practical side of shooting.

My practice tends to be more focused on real-world scenarios. Draw and shoot, one to multiple targets.

As long as I'm hitting center mass or keep it in the head, I'm satisfied.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
You can be a target (bullseye) shooter, or you can be a self defense shooter, but don't make the mistake of thinking that they are the same thing...:hand10:

And I'm definitely NOT a bullseye shooter!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If they're lined up behind each other I can get 2-3 with one shot, if I have Buffalo Bore castcore 180's loaded in the .357, so it depends.

Miggy said:
Depends on the gun I am carrying. If I have my Mini Cougar 45 I dont want to shoot groups bigger than 8 to 10 Bad Guys. With the Taurus I can go 15 to 20 and both only from cover.:haha: :banana:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
15 yards eh. Well if at any distance I am practicing at I can achieve ''minute of pie plate'' with the speed I want to use then all is well!! Even accept the odd ''flier''!

Honestly I do not these days measure this grouping - I keep that for sighting in and bench shooting really.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
If I keep em all on the paper plate, good enough.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Hi,

This is 25yds rapid fire from my Taurus 92. This is not typical. I was feeling exceptionally good that day and is my best group to date.

Controlled pairs from an EFMJ test I did. Range is about 7yds, paced off. Pistol was the Taurus 92 again.

I don't have any pics of what I can do with the PPK clone yet. First, I've only had it out a couple times. Second, I have a lot of practicing to do and I believe the sights may need adjusted. I'll do a range report on it soon enough as people have been asking for one. Seems this particular clone is something a bit unique.

Josh <><

·
Registered
932 Posts
Take a look at my avatar. I was using my Bersa Ultra Compact 45.

·
Registered
570 Posts
With my .45 I use outline targets, all in the chest or upper abdomen as of last week.
With my Mak, it's still new to me so no real data yet, only fired it twice and first time was just to get a feel for it, 100 rounds down barrel in it so far.

Yep, need more practice.
Intend to practice alot more w the .45 and will add laser to practice with and for stress situations.
With the Mak I'm going to experiment with point shooting since the sights suck and I only consider it for close range anyway.

Warm weather is here now so lots of practice coming up :)
Still new to CCW and handguns, about 4 months but a long time rifle shooter, 30+ years.
Pistol sure does seem alot tougher.

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
at 15 yards I can keep them decently peppered around COM on a b27

How quickly are we talking about getting those shots off here?

Naturally, slowing way down...accuracy goes UP...

·
Registered
376 Posts
On a whim the other day, we fired some off hand groups at 30 yards. I say off-hand - but these were very slow aimed shots with a non-combat hold on the gun. 7 out of 8 shots were at 5.5". I'm not sure where the 8th shot went - it didn't hit the paper. Must have been the ammo! :)

From the bench with tailored handloads - from the same 1911 - 1.6" @ 25 yards. I have shot some smaller groups but not consistently.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts