Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I haven't practiced with my left hand -- blind in left eye, so it messes everything up. Guess I get to now. Had a run in with an 8" chef's knife in the kitchen. Stupid deep and a non-stop bleeder -- have to wear this stupid splint for at least a week. Bah.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Hanging at the beach again ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a freaky and very fast thing. The blade of the chef's knife was on the cutting board with the handle hanging off. My left hand hit the handle, the knife did a complete flip in the air, and came down on the back of my right thumb. A quality heavy weighted and very sharp knife (8 inch blade). Got me good.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
After R hand surgery last Tgiving I was weak hand only for several months. A chance to improve weak hand shooting but reloads and filling mags especially difficult without help.

Good luck on speedy and complete healing.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Well, I haven't practiced with my left hand -- blind in left eye, so it messes everything up. Guess I get to now. Had a run in with an 8" chef's knife in the kitchen. Stupid deep and a non-stop bleeder -- have to wear this stupid splint for at least a week. Bah.

Yikes....How are you gonna dip chew?...Hope you have a full recovery.

Made me think of this classic clip:smile:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Ouch... Sorry to hear. At the police academy they had us shoot off hand. I actually shot better than my dominant hand because I hadn't picked up years of bad habits.

I wish you a quick recovery.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
You won't do that again.
And I know there are a couple of things you miss your right hand for and had to learn how left handed. Been there.
Get well soon.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
That sucks. Hope it heals up quickly.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Here's to a speedy recovery, if it was good and sharp those are the worst when they're that deep as the pain takes a moment to kick in due to such a clean cut.

Been there done that. What it's good to have a lefty holster in the drawer before hand.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Daggum you might be onto something and an opposite draw holster might be in my stores soon.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All the durn unused holsters in my holster drawer and not ONE left-handed one. Figures....

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Yikes!

That sounds painful and looks uncomfortable. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

·
Registered
33,858 Posts
You'll survive.

The thumb not so much...

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
So sorry that happened, hope it heals quickly and your back to playing music soon!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts