·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Emphasis and italics mine!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spending On Firearms More Than $2b In 2005

Connecticut Post

Americans spent more than $2 billion on guns and ammunition in 2005.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation touts a U.S. Department of Treasury report that said sales of firearms and ammunition increased by 2.6% in 2005, while other federal agencies are finding fewer gun-related deaths and crimes. (chew on that Brady, et al!!)

http://www.connpost.com/business/ci_3904257

·
Registered
222 Posts
Concealed Carry has been a resounding sucess, and it just infuriates the Anti crowd!!

·
Premium Member
2,841 Posts
I went back thru my checkbook & added it up....

$5,843.27 is my share of it for 2005.....:smile:

$3,556.45 for ammunition (about 1000 rounds a month), reloading & holsters
$2,286.82 for new/used firearms

I'm on track to break that amount for 2006........I've already spent more on firearms so far this year than last.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I daresay - collectively - Combat Carry members can lay claim to a good chunk of that spending :smilez: :evil:

·
Registered
822 Posts
I don't even try to go back and add everything up. If I did then maybe I'd pay more attention to how much I spend.

When it comes to guns and ammo, I share the womens gene of "but it was on sale".

I could/can/do go through my catalogs and see 1000 rounds of ammo marked 10%+ off. My mind goes, HEY IT ON SALE! and because of the danged internet being the way it is, by the time I realize that I really don't need a 1000 rounds of x, y, or z ammo it's too late, I'm being asked to print out a record of my purchase.

Same goes for guns at the local gun shop. I get my catalogs that have dealer prices (because I have a C&R) and I see firearm x, y, or z for a good price. The only thing that "saves" me is that I don't have an FFL01.

Then months later I see the same or like gun at the shop and my brain says to me, Hey, that is the same gun that was in that catalog but you didn't want to pay the $25 transfer fee and here it is for the same price and no $25 transfer fee.

When I wake up the next morning I look over, see it (because my brain was focused on it all night, looking it over, touching it, etc..) and then it dawns on me to look at my check book.

Then I spend the next month trying to get my balance back to normal :redface: .

Wayne

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Then I spend the next month trying to get my balance back to normal
Haha - more like converting ''deficit'' - back into a true ''balance'' :18:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Shh, don't make me think about how much I spend - my wife is a mindreader :wink:

·
Registered
521 Posts
i got 2 1911's and a 38 snuby...about $1500 for me.
holsters- easily another $300
and i won't even begin to count ammo.

and i half freaked out when my wife said she was buying a $300 softball bat:confused: ....what was i thinking. i definitely heard about my gun purchases that night:twak:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Bud White said:
I don't even wanna think how much i spent last year and this year all ready
....ditto......thank God there's no Mrs. SRFL to be mad at me for spending so much.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm in for about $2500.00 for 2005. Hey SOLOLUCKY, that $300.00
softball bat can be considered a weapon if need be.

·
Registered
54 Posts
P95Carry said:
The National Shooting Sports Foundation touts a U.S. Department of Treasury report that said sales of firearms and ammunition increased by 2.6% in 2005, while other federal agencies are finding fewer gun-related deaths and crimes.
Is anyone surprised? :smile:

·
Registered
563 Posts
My goodness! I got some catching up to do!

Let me see, .357 for my wife, another 1911 for me, a hunting rifle for this fall, another 1911 just in case, a 1911 for my son (he's not old enough yet so I'll "keep" it for him till he's 21.)

Oh yah, AMMO!

Yup! I'll do my best to keep up my end of the deal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts