1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many years ago I was working in the restaurant buisness
and had to work a lot of late nights. Employee parking was in the
back of the restaurant and I would always park under a street
light for a little peace of mind. I almost always took and kept a Browning 9mm in my truck. One Friday night before leaving to go to work I decided for some unknown reason almost like a sixth sense not to take my pistol with me. After finishing working a 12 hour shift on my way out to my truck I noticed that my passenger side window was shattered. My truck had been broken in to and the BG stole what little I had inside my vehicle including a flashlight and spare change but didnt get my 9! I ended up deciding to call the police and
filed a report. By the time the police got there and finished the report my 12 hour day at work turned into 15 hours. I still left with a smile on my face knowing that some bad guy out there didnt get my gun to use for who knows what. I would still be mad to this day if my gun had been stolen. So word of advice think twice before leaving a firearm in your vehicle. I will go ahead and say how bad I feel for those that have had their firearms stolen from them.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Yep that's why if I have to leave a gun in my car due to the law,I will strip it and they won't get a gun they can use,or better yet if you leave it due to work everyday,get a safe you can secure it in

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Yep that's why if I have to leave a gun in my car due to the law,I will strip it and they won't get a gun they can use,or better yet if you leave it due to work everyday,get a safe you can secure it in
+1, I always take the magazines with me when gun stays in car.

If they get my pistol, at least they aren't walking around with "instant death" in their hand.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Good, with stolen guns
Eventually
Crooks
Kill
Others
45s are way down the list after 9mm

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Yep, I got a COM safe in my car too! Just don't trust it to keep a determined thief from yanking it out!

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
You were lucky.:yup:

A CoM safe hidden within the vehicle works very well.:hand10:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts