Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished reading the employee handbook from my new employer. Read through it twice, no mention of weapons in it anywhere. So it's a don't ask, don't tell situation now. While I probably will not be carrying on the job sites, I will be able to carry in my vehicle or company vehicle if driving it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well sounds like you are good to go. Just don't get made and give anyone in management a reason to change the policy.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Perfect! :danceban:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Your lucky, my company forbids it :hand1:
Yes & do keep your handbook...

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Well sounds like you are good to go. Just don't get made and give anyone in management a reason to change the policy.
+1 to this advice. Low profile at work. Always a good way to go.

·
Registered
371 Posts
good for you. Every job I have
ever had (mostly restaurant management)
restricts any weapon on the job.
Even though we handle money, come into contact with all
types of people, walk employees to their car at night,
a lot of crazy stuff happens in restaurants and of course no security officers.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Stay concealed, no worries. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Good deal. I'm self-employed. Guess what the carry rules are at my office?:comeandgetsome::danceban:

Please forgive me for gloating... After footing the entire bill for my health insurance, weathering long durations of negative cash flow, the annual agony of tax prep, I need to remind myself of things to celebrate every now and then...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good deal. I'm self-employed. Guess what the carry rules are at my office?:comeandgetsome::danceban:

Please forgive me for gloating... After footing the entire bill for my health insurance, weathering long durations of negative cash flow, the annual agony of tax prep, I need to remind myself of things to celebrate every now and then...

Hehe, so true.

In the company handbook in my head, employees (and employers) are allowed to carry too.

·
Registered
669 Posts
sweet! I'm hoping when I get my employee handbook for my new job in two weeks I come across the same findings. Then I'll finally have a good reason to get a LCP or P3AT (don't wanna carry my M&P9c in business casual).

·
Registered
332 Posts
I wish I could carry at work, but I cannot. I work in a Federal building. I keep it in the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In my employee handbook under a section titled "Workplace Violence";

"We do not allow firearms, weapons, and any other dangerous or hazardous devices and substances on the premises of the company without prior written authorization from the company's president, and it must be legal for you to possess said item."

Attached to the back of the handbook was a detachable "request for consent" form to carry at work, open or concealed.:congrats::comeandgetsome:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts