Defensive Carry banner

Gun at work

2K views 29 replies 26 participants last post by  Hotbrass 
#1 ·
Just finished reading the employee handbook from my new employer. Read through it twice, no mention of weapons in it anywhere. So it's a don't ask, don't tell situation now. While I probably will not be carrying on the job sites, I will be able to carry in my vehicle or company vehicle if driving it.

#2 ·
Well sounds like you are good to go. Just don't get made and give anyone in management a reason to change the policy.

#9 ·
good for you. Every job I have
ever had (mostly restaurant management)
restricts any weapon on the job.
Even though we handle money, come into contact with all
types of people, walk employees to their car at night,
a lot of crazy stuff happens in restaurants and of course no security officers.

#13 ·
Good deal. I'm self-employed. Guess what the carry rules are at my office?:comeandgetsome::danceban:

Please forgive me for gloating... After footing the entire bill for my health insurance, weathering long durations of negative cash flow, the annual agony of tax prep, I need to remind myself of things to celebrate every now and then...

#16 ·
sweet! I'm hoping when I get my employee handbook for my new job in two weeks I come across the same findings. Then I'll finally have a good reason to get a LCP or P3AT (don't wanna carry my M&P9c in business casual).

#19 ·
In my employee handbook under a section titled "Workplace Violence";

"We do not allow firearms, weapons, and any other dangerous or hazardous devices and substances on the premises of the company without prior written authorization from the company's president, and it must be legal for you to possess said item."

Attached to the back of the handbook was a detachable "request for consent" form to carry at work, open or concealed.:congrats::comeandgetsome:

#23 ·
Attached to the back of the handbook was a detachable "request for consent" form to carry at work, open or concealed.:congrats::comeandgetsome:
Sounds like they might want to know just who would want to carry at work. By offering the request is a easy way to find out.

#21 ·
Don't ask, Don't tell..... The best policy.

#24 ·
good job, like others said....don't do anything that will cause management to review things and possibly change the policies
I have to ask.....if you'll be carrying in your personal vehicle and company vehicle.....why not carry on your person at the job sites also?

I'm glad my workplace is carry friendly too.....required on duty, highly recommended off duty :rofl:

#27 ·
My company has written a policy around the state law - they prohibit carrying INSIDE company facilities and in company cars, but allow you to have your weapon in your locked car in the parking lot.

#28 ·
I'm also blessed with a job that doesn't restrict. Doesn't specifically allow, but doesn't restrict. I carry in clients homes all the time. No legal issues in Utah. Gotta love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.