Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Have had a wilderness belt for about four years now and it's comfortable and a great ccw belt. One thing to keep in mind is that their standard size is 1.75 so make sure that you get the correct size to fit your holster as they also are made in 1.50

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Wilderness belt

I use a Wilderness 5 stitch almost every day.I think it is the best CCW belt for the money.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Liger

I have a Liger gunbelt. They're only made in 1.5 inch width.

It doesn't look like a gun belt. In fact, it is largely invisible.

As the Texas summer gets into full swing, I appeciate it more every day.

Bill

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
I have a pair of the Wilderness Instructor belts - very, very good.

Matt

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have 2 Rafter,s belts and they are very nice. After the break in to your body they feel real good,and give excellent support.Quality is outstanding. Price and service v.g.

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
The Wilderness 5-Stitch Instructor's belts are superb. The only drawback that I've found with them (and this is pretty minor) is that because they made from layers of webbing stitched together, they end up with a square edge. Those of us with a bit of "dunlap" might find them slightly less comfortable than a leather belt with a round edge. Overall, they are the best "bang for the buck", IMHO.
I can also recommend Jim the Beltman: ( http://www.thebeltman.net ) He makes a very good product.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
+1 for the Rafter S belts. Love mine.....
:congrats:

·
Registered
481 Posts
jay gatsby said:
Is this any good?

http://thewilderness.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/3/products_id/35

Please tell me your experiences with the product.

What are alternatives? I use a Dickie's leather work belt and I feel the serious need to upgrade.

What works for you?
Jay, I have one out in my gun file cabinet I'll be glad to sell at a good price. I bought it, wore it one time, and put it in the drawer. Did not care for the looks that much. If you're interested, holler back at me, I'll go see what size it is, etc. I bought it about six months ago and my memory is not what it used to be..... :blink:

·
Banned
14 Posts
Delta Force said:
I use a Wilderness 5 stitch almost every day.I think it is the best CCW belt for the money.
Same here although I think I'll order a leather belt from Brommeland once my holster and mag pouch comes in which is hopefully next week!:danceban:

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have a Wilderness belt and think that it works very well. It does kind of have that "tactical" look to it but in jeans I don't think it matters that much. I also have a nice leather belt from The Beltman that I like very much but is getting too big for me. I think I ordered it one size too big and I've narrowed around the waste a little recently :smile: which makes it worse. I also have a belt on order from K&D but that's several weeks away still. :hand10:

For those using Wilderness belts, has the velcro worn out quickly? That is my only real concern with the thing.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Received your PM, Jay. We got back late from Abilene and the doctor appointments, started to go out to my workshop to get the belt out of the file cabinet and the city's mosquito fogger/sprayer met me at the door as it went by ! :blink:

As soon as it is safe to breathe outside again, I'll venture out that way...... :gah:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Jay,

Went out to the workshop and got the belt from the gun stuff file cabinet.... it is a Wilderness 5 stitch style, 1.5 inch wide with the black steel buckle.

It is a size 43, that might be a tad bit big for you ?

I normally wear a 40 waist, got this larger to make sure it fit fine after going through an OWB pancake style holster.

Just like brand new.

Rugerman also PM'd me, waiting in line if it did not fit you, then BCurry1. These are in order behind Jay, if it's too big for y'all, then it's open.....

Maybe I should go on a diet, could probably sell stuff faster, LOL !! :rofl:

·
Registered
28 Posts
After a lot of research I purchased a wilderness 'Frequent Flyer" 1.5", five stitch belt for casual use (jeans/shorts)... I thought this belt is certainly less tactical looking than their instructors and works just as well..

I also purchased an Aker leather dress belt (1.25") that is very nice.. It has a plastic insert that makes it very stiff, Ill see how I like it down the road.. But it was only $36 (shipped), so if i really want a double leather I will not be out that much money..

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I have a couple of the Wilderness Instructor 5-stitch belts (longer for IWB and shorter for OWB) which I think are excellent.

As a couple of earlier posters in this thread mentioned, they are "tactical" looking. I consider this belt to be a flagrant "tell" and always cover it completely with a shirt, just like I cover my pistol.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I use a kydex/leather 1.5 belt from Looper Leather here in the Oklahoma City area, great price, availability.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DaveT

PM sent.

I guess the belt is up for grabs because I'm too thin.

I'm one of those guys who if I stand sideways I'm marked absent.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts