Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I was wondering what yau'll use for gun belts and what width they are. I see alot of the pics you guys take to show off your new leather and most people wear a 1"- 1 1/4" wide belt. I perfer a nice heavy 1.5" (so it fits tight in my pants belt loops, and the holster loops) belt the same color as my holster.
Anyone use a Ranger belt? I have been thinking about getting one of those.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
1 1/4 G&G . seems to work fine and doesn't look like a gunbelt.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I use the 1.5 inch Wilderness belt. Nice and solid, but it definitely does look like a gunbelt; so I conceal it (along with the pistol & holster) with the overhanging shirt tail.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
My solid 1 1/2" belt just won't go thru some belt loops so - stick to 1 1/4".

The one I use is just ''made in Texas'' - hoorah for that at least - camo sorta pattern, cowhide backed and good stiffness - does me well. Last one is getting very tired so about to commission my new spare.

The pics I posted other day of my SIG rig being worn were that belt, tho not too much of it visible.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Bruces45 said:
I was wondering what yau'll use for gun belts and what width they are. I see alot of the pics you guys take to show off your new leather and most people wear a 1"- 1 1/4" wide belt. I perfer a nice heavy 1.5" (so it fits tight in my pants belt loops, and the holster loops) belt the same color as my holster.
Anyone use a Ranger belt? I have been thinking about getting one of those.
My first gunbelt was tan from SafariLand. Loved that belt. Wore it whether or not I wore a gun. Wore it clean out. I've been getting my gunbelts lately from Dillon Precision. Have both a 1.25 and a 1.5 width belt. Both high quality belts that I wear with and without a gun. 1.5 supports a full sized gun better in an OWB. 1.25 is great for IWB. Don't kid yourself that when wearing IWB any standard dress belt will do. It won't. You might very well wind up half drawing the holster along with the piece until it jams up against the edge of the belt. It slows down the draw, significantly.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Tauris Leather and HighNoon

Good gun belts are the way to go...I like leather, double thick, with rough on the inside if possible to keep the holster from shifting. I prefer 1-1/2, but 1-1/4 works well too.

Just make sure you have a REAL gunbelt!

Tauris Leather and Highnoon make some of the best belts.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
1.49999" and 1.2500001" make em myself. Now if I could only talk the wife into wearing a belt...she wears the pants :tongue:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Dress: Del Fatti
Casual: Wilderness Instructor belt
I think Ranger belts are really neat looking, but I haven't been able to convince myself to part with that amount of $$.

SSKc

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
I wear a 1 1/2" ranger belt from Andrews leather. the only problem with a ranger belt is that it's hard getting your holster and mag pouch on and off. Other than that I love mine. It's got fancy stitching and matches my Andrews Hybrid Saddle Holster and SureFire light and Mag pouch.

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
I'm Another One

I've always made my own gun belt.
Thick heavy simple & a solid brass buckle.

·
Super Moderator
13,068 Posts
1-1/2" by Ted Blocker, a surprisingly good belt and relative inexpensive,
1-1/4" by Kramer

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
I either wear my 1-1/4" leather belt or a 1-1/2" Wilderness belt. I like them both, depending on where I am going.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts