Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I have two belts from CrossBreed Holsters. Very sturdy leather, excellent company to do business with, and they retail for $60 each.

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
My entire carry rig, IWB holster, dual mag pouch and belt were made by Nate at UBG, great guy to work with and great leather: UBG Holsters

The Belt Man gets referenced on here a lot, from what I've seen his stuff looks top notch: Gun Belts by The Belt Man | tel. (919) 387-1997 | DUAL-LAYER BULL HIDE BELTS

Really in my mind the belt is just as if not more important than the holster for proper concealment. You can conceal a bad holster with a good belt better than you can a great holster with a crap belt. Of course YMMV, but a belt isn't a place I'd try to save too many pennies on.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I ordered a belt from Beltman last week because of reviews on this site. I also have a 5.11 trainers belt, which I like.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
My Beltman belt is going on two years old and it still looks like new. I have never had a better gun belt and I guess from all that you can assume that I am satisfied.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Beltman is really top notch but more than you want to spend. I got a 1.5" belt free for buying a $29 pair of 5.11 pants from LA Police Gear. It's actually pretty nice. Can't beat the price. :danceban:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
What makes "gun belts" different than a regular leather belt from a department store given the same width?
Thickness. Dept. store belts are pretty thin and just don't cut it. They bend and fold when you need them to stay rigid.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
What makes "gun belts" different than a regular leather belt from a department store given the same width?
The ability to support weight.

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
What is a good quality gun belt that i dont have to spend $80 $90 or more on? got links send em :)
Sorry, but most of my belts are in that price range.

While you may save a dollar or two now, it has been my expirience that you will spend more over time as you will be replacing the belt more frequently. If nylon is your thing I have no reservations about Wildeness Tactical belts, and in fact I'll probably buy one soon.

The belt makers I use, in no particular order are:

Bruce Gibson
The Belt Man
Mitch Rosen
Ted Blocker

I have also used Kramer, Milt Sparks and will be using a Del Fatti soon. All the names I've mentioned I have no problems recommending and would use any of them in a heartbeat.

Pay a lot now, or pay more over time later, your choice.

Biker

·
Registered
288 Posts
+1 for The Beltman. I'm going on about 6 months now and still love it. I wear it everyday. He also gives you a cool ball point pen!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have been looking at Looper Law Enforcements Products. I believe their web address is New Page 1. Their products look well made and the prices are excellant in reguard to belts.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Don Hume makes an excellent double thick belt that supports my full size 1911 and looks nice enough to were as a dress belt to work. I own 2, one black and one cordovan. I think they were about $55.00 each and have good brass hardware.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The Beltman is good, Wilderness Instructor belt it good too. I also have a Looper belt that I really like and it wasn't that expensive.

I believe this is the same one I have, they've changed the website: Looper Reinforced Holster Belt

1 - 20 of 25 Posts