Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure where to put this, anyway im looking for a gun case, the suitcase kind. one that will hold my pardner pump, and my CX4 Storm at the same time. this way i can slide it under my bed for easy access when johnny bad guy comes a knocking. i dont need some $300.00 suitcase one either LOL just something i can put them in and lock it so the girls dont play with them but so i can get to them if need be

any ideas?

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Wel it's GREAT your thinking of thier safety,But I would keep the sidearm on me and unloade the shotty or lock bedroom door ; ) H/D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the CX4 is a rifle basically. the PX4 is a pistol. so a gun suitcase for under the bed would be best. preferably again one that will hold a shotgun and the CX4 Storm

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
I have an SKB hard case I bought years ago at a discount price. I can load my Savage 110FP in it, and anything else I want to take along..

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I have a Plano double gun case that I got at Academy Sports. Its airline approved, lockable and was under $30.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Johnny bad guy might not wait around for you to get it out of the case and load it.
I'd rather have something immediately available. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Johnny bad guy might not wait around for you to get it out of the case and load it.
I'd rather have something immediately available. Just my 2 cents.
id rather it be redily avaliable as well, but i have a 2 1/2 year old who likes to touch EVERYTHING, and a 2 month old as well so a shotgun out and about is NOT AN OPTION. a case is my only option. until i can teach them about firearms then ill leave the shotgun so its avaliable

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Has SKB upgraded the locks they put on their cases? The last time I looked at them, I loved everything about the case except for the locks, which were so cheap you could pick them with a fingernail file or pop them off with a screwdriver.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I can fit a standard Remington 870 with a trap barrel, a Mossy 500 with a pistol grip, and a Ruger 10/22 in case. The case was made for 2 scoped rifles, cost me about 15 from the local sporting goods chain, plastic cased with egg-crate foam on the inside. It has 4 latches, a carry handle, and spots for 2 padlocks.

Works great for the purpose that you're describing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts