Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a letter about this from GOA. The Democrats are up to their usual tricks, but what's more distressing is the number of Republicans who didn't know (or didn't care?) what they voted for.

House Republicans were asleep at the wheel this week and missed a major piece of gun control legislation buried deep in the original text of H.R. 6395, a $740.5 billion National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) on Tuesday—legislation they had unanimously voted out of committee.

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
Are you sure it snuck by?

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I don't know which is worse - having it slide by them because they didn't read it or allowing it to pass because they wanted Red Flag law implemented in the military arena against their constituents wishes. I just don't care much for politicians - this is one reason.

·
Registered
36,073 Posts
I let my RINO know he'd never get my vote.

·
Registered
36,073 Posts
Sometimes I think both sides of the aisle wouldn’t mind the 2nd to just go away.
These idiots have to read bills before they sign off on them.
Wish we could fire 98% of them
You get a chance every couple of years.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
If you read the actual bill, it's not a Red Flag (ERPO) as we've come to hate, The section of the bill establishes (if it didn't already exist) domestic violence protective orders. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing different from such orders in the state laws.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
Could be they know exactly what it is and that is why they voted for it.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
So, according to the article a military retiree is subject to the UCMJ. Is this true?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Dems are too tyranical to be allowed to govern. Republicans are too dim witted to be allowed to govern. Both are too corrupt to be allowed to govern. According to Will Rogers this country had "the best politicians money can buy". Apparently now even that is not true!

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you read the actual bill, it's not a Red Flag (ERPO) as we've come to hate, The section of the bill establishes (if it didn't already exist) domestic violence protective orders. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing different from such orders in the state laws.
They nibble a little at a time. How do you eat an elephant?

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
So, according to the article a military retiree is subject to the UCMJ. Is this true?
Yes, and No, or Maybe. Googling finds a couple recent-ish cases where retirees were tried at courts martial, but higher reviews are contradictory.

Reactions: Hoganbeg
1 - 20 of 25 Posts