Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We hear more and more people stating that we need more gun control. It is interesting to see that those whom have little exposure to firearms as well as never seen what it is like in a 3rd world country take for granted the rights we have as Americans. Some great examples are when some maniac goes on a shooting rampage we as gun owners are all criticized, however there is never follow up publicity about those whom have saved lives of others behind their firearm. When a drunk driver kills a family in a horrific auto accident, we don't see call for more liquor control. The fear I have is that we will continue to weaken our country by increasing our debt to other nations, shrinking our armed forces, and making laws that take firearms out of the hands of qualified people leaving only the criminals within and enemies abroad armed. As a military veterans it is a sad thought.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree with you to a point. There are a lot of ignorant and desperate people out there who just want guns gone or under 100% accountability. Unfortunately there are consequences that they don't see for such actions. The first step should be to educate. How many everyday Americans think that the second amendment is just for self defense and hunting? This is all you hear from our "leaders" and the media.

·
Registered
22 Posts
As a result of recent DUI killings here in WA state there is a state senator sponsoring a bill that would prohibit the use of alcohol after the third DUI. Alcohol control!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sadly the world is not as peaceful as we'd like, but a "necessary" tool for resolving this issue is firearms. Good men cannot protect the weak,vulnerable, and innocent against the bad with bare hands, very seldom or safely can this be expected. Study your history people. I mean really study it, because you will see that many many times throughout history...well you get the point.

·
Banned
12,069 Posts
Cambot1;bt405 said:
As a result of recent DUI killings here in WA state there is a state senator sponsoring a bill that would prohibit the use of alcohol after the third DUI. Alcohol control!
And just how in high heaven would this senator propose to do that? Is Washington state going to accept a piece of Sharia Law and have both hands of the offender surgically removed?? Or would the guilty party be thrown into the slammer for Life + 50 years? Even in the joint prisoners have proven to be crafty enough to make their own hooch and get wasted drinking that hooch. All the corrections officers can do about it is throw them into isolation for a week or more to *teach them a lesson.* Outside of making a drunk driving with manslaughter charge a capitol offense and then removing the prisoner to a tall tree or a post in front of an earth berm immediately-NONE of this sitting on death row for 20+years nonsense:banghead: (Does the name Kennedy ring any bells?) I don't see how any changes to the laws regarding DUI will change anything. This is just another case of Unicorn and rainbows thinking. I'd be of the mind of how many skeletons said senator has rattling around in THEIR CLOSET???

So is this senator you speak of that idiot Patty Murray or the other moron Maria Cantwell ? Pick your poison either one has been a senator far too long and has been studiously chipping away at the few freedoms we have left. If I had my way both would be taken outside their clothing removed by force if need be (down to their skivvies) sprayed down with sticky oil and feathered. All of this while cameras rolled and shutters snapped and then both events would be made into PSA's (Public Service Announcements). It would be my fervent desire both would be shamed so horrifically they'd have to travel to the farthest reaches of earth to get far enough away to not be recognized by someone who'd point at them and laugh and shame them all over again. Nothing is too good for those that think they are our betters.

Not picking on you Bubba...I'm just curious here:blink: To the right of your post in that tall (long) box your location is given as (that bastion of Freedom) Massachusetts. Are you out in the sticks past the last hick town on a dirt road? Or perhaps you're what is now called a young urban professional living downtown in a swanky highrise to walk across the street take an elevator up to the 69th floor to your office and ??? What's your stake in all this?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Your right there is very little follow up after we give anti's a positive experiance. Perhaps we should make a place and record it there like a social account so other anti's can see it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts