Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea I know another video. This one deals with something close to my heart. Thats training. Some of you out there may not like Rob, and some do. I understand that. I am looking into his instructor development so that I can become a better instructor. I am a little short on the means to do so. However Like Rob mentions in this video I am both an enthusiast and Defensive firearms owner. How bout You. Have you taken the necessary steps to know how to use your guns in a defensive manner????

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm not really a gun enthusiast at all IMHO. I'm enthused about running and fight with my gun to the best of my abilities so I'm very much into the defensive firearm owner side.

My schedule for work doesn't work out where I can travel around to nationwide schools but I've trained and continue to train at a variety of schools within the state of Michigan. May I ask where you teach?

I know Patriot Defensive Firearm is hosting Pincus in July. Are you attending his three day class?

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
Kind of self serving isn't it? His statement "You can't say you primarily own guns for self protection unless you have taken one of my courses or one like it!" My ancestors have been defending themselves with a gun since before this country was a country! I really dought any of them took any of his courses. DR

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
The audio is too bad to get through the vid, I gave up 30 seconds in. But I'd say I'm both, a gun "nut" and a defensive firearms owner.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not really a gun enthusiast at all IMHO. I'm enthused about running and fight with my gun to the best of my abilities so I'm very much into the defensive firearm owner side.

My schedule for work doesn't work out where I can travel around to nationwide schools but I've trained and continue to train at a variety of schools within the state of Michigan. May I ask where you teach?

I know Patriot Defensive Firearm is hosting Pincus in July. Are you attending his three day class?
I instruct in Lansing for the time being. I think its good that you have stayed in the state for your training. There is nothing wrong with that. I would love to get to Patriot defense to take Robs class, but at the moment I do not have the money....

Reactions: AOK

·
Registered
431 Posts
The audio is too bad to get through the vid, I gave up 30 seconds in. But I'd say I'm both, a gun "nut" and a defensive firearms owner.
The audio is only bad through the intro, then it goes to a studio recorded portion. Took me a second attempt to find that out.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think there's some validity to what he says. I agree that people have proven they can defend themselves with a firearm with little-to-no formal training. However, a single good class probably increases their proficiency tremendously. Like anything there are diminishing returns. You get a lot of benefit for the first one or two, then the benefit begins to taper off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts