Defensive Carry banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some decent presents/gifts that should be considered for most anyone gun toting, range goer, or competition competitors.

I'm asking for Christmas for my father, but this thread might continue on for any reason to buy another person a gift. Male/Female, Christmas, Valentines, Birthday, etc.

Thanks in advance for ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Range bags. Safe organization items. Targets. That's just some generic stuff off the top of my head. I may think of more later when I'm fully awake.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Perhaps pry him about a holster he is looking for? Otherwise, Ianthin covered some pretty basic ideas. If he doesn't have one already and shoots autos, the UpLULA mag loader is an awesome product and well within a gifting budget.

This year for Christmas everyone in my immediate family, except for one of my stepsisters and her newborn, is getting a decent (DeSantis, Bianchi...etc) leather holster for Christmas from me. One of em is getting a holster for a gun they aren't aware they are getting for Christmas.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
A scope or red dot sight. Holsters or gun cases. Ammo in the appropriate caliber is always a favorite!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Perhaps a set of custom engraved 1911 grips... Ok, so that's a hint for my wife.. :rolleyes:

Targets...Small cleaning kits... Ammo... Uplula... Range bags.. That's all I can think of right now

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
If in doubt, I would consider a gift card/certificate. Almost all retail dealers offer one or the other. It can be from an online source, a local gun shop or a big box store. You can make a gift card a little more personal if you include it with a stocking stuffer. This could be any related gear, ammo, range bags, cleaning kits, knife, flashlight, etc.

·
Registered
623 Posts
You should also look at some issues of American Handgunner.
They usually have a few pages devoted to "stuff" of all sorts that relates to guns.
I've seen more than one item there that I didn't know existed, but thought would be nice to own.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I'd go with a gift card because most gun people are pretty set on what they want, and a gift card solves the problem of returns in the event they don't want or need what you might buy. :wink:

Reactions: craze

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Gift cards are always good, and it they don't have one a UpLULA™ universal pistol magazine loader is a great gift.
A few boxes of target ammo and a storage box, splatter targets. Nanovault.

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
For Me, Hard carry cases are always on my list! {Thanks for asking!} I have bought two speed loaders for revolver fans this year, and 4 more mags for my youngest's 1911. He is wanting to try competition shooting this year. For my grandson I got a laminated wood stock and sling for his Axis. DR

·
Registered
10,138 Posts
Me I would either
A. Pay for a nelson holster of there choice for them
B. If they shoot a pricer gun a couple of boxs of ammo would be nice
c. And of course a gift card to Cabels or Magpul or the such is nice

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I would never try to buy an item like a holster or scope or any other piece of gear for a shooter, UNLESS you have knowledge of the EXACT item that might be desired.

Better off with magazine subscription, or gift card, or some ammo, or targets, or a nice flashlight.

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
Magazines are always great. NOt sure go with a Cabelas, Bass Pro Shop or Academy GIFT CARD.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Cabelas has Caldwell Lead Sled Solo's on sale for $50. Might end today though. Add a 25# bag of shot for the weight tray and you're still under $100.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here are a few ideas

I just recently did 2 posts on this (one for the gals, one for the guys)! The Uplula as previously mentioned is a great one, as is a nice range bag or range bag insert (they have some of these now in cool patterns and colors), a tactical light, a tactical pen (not technically gun related but self-defense related), there are also 2 books I recommended, including the latest on How to Shoot Like a Seal by Chris Sajnog.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts